Brett Bynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
I just noticed on the Honda page with the accessories kit that it has a small rear trunk spoiler that looks pretty good. Also shows the rock guard accessories.

15_SEMA_Civic_03.jpg

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM trunk wing spoiler for 2016 Civic sedan {filename}

I looked at the thread with the SEMA pics and it doesn't have it.
Sorry for my ignorance but is this part of a specific trim?

Ehhh... The spoiler should extend over the taillights more. It looks incomplete.
Sponsored

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Agree with you guys, the spoiler effectively removes the similarity to the Crosstour. It's a nice accessory, I like it

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
First thing I thought when I saw the photo too. Nobody will be saying the rear end looks like a Crosstour with this. Adding the 4th brake light into the spoiler is a nice touch - for safety and it also helps connect the lighting elements in the rear. Not quite as nice as the Coupe's completely connected tail/brake lights, but something like it :)
Ehhh... The spoiler should extend over the taillights more. It looks incomplete.
I see what you are talking about but If you look at shape of lighting it looks more complete.

Last edited:

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
The only way you could do that is if the spoiler was higher and extended beyond the C pillar. It would basically have to look like this:

This would be about perfect for an Si but way too race car for the sedan.

For people looking to buy the sedan, the small decklid spoiler is a great option IMO.

Brett Bynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
The only way you could do that is if the spoiler was higher and extended beyond the C pillar. It would basically have to look like this:

This would be about perfect for an Si but way too race car for the sedan.

For people looking to buy the sedan, the small decklid spoiler is a great option IMO.
I see what you mean now. Gotcha

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Best cosmetic accessory we've seen so far. :thumbsup:

martyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boring Accord family hauler
Funny enough the rock guards look sportier than the tack on rear fender pieces.

Ajax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Rallye Red
I have seen a couple reasons why the wing spoiler is not shown as an accessory on the Touring trims, but When I bought my Rallye Red Touring Civic the dealer found out all EX-Ts and above come with the small lip spoiler that have 6 or 7 holes in the top of the trunk to mount it with clips. I don't know why Honda felt the need to do it this way, but it definitely limits your options. This also effects the smaller decklid spoiler which looks like it would sit over and cover the holes, but still cause a water intrusion issue of sorts. Hopefully Honda or an aftermarket company will come up with a viable alternative.

Attachments

axreyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Accord LX MT, 2012 Mazda CX-9, 2016 Honda Accord LX MT
Anyone have this wing spoiler installed? Does it get in the way of visibility out the rear window? I'm not much to add this stuff to my car but I saw one on the road today and it looked good. As someone else said it helps alleviate the "Crosstour" look of the car.