OEM-Style Snap-In Buttons for Dash Blanks?

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update: After living with the led bat switches for the past year, I got to say, they are. Too. Damn. Bright. Not to a point of being a problem, but they definitely throw too much light in my peripheral vision at night for my liking. I think I am going to paint/tint the led tips in an attempt to calm them down. Any suggestions here would be appreciated.

Otherwise, everything is working just fine. I even started cleaning up some of the wiring under the dash with loom and tesa tape.

Also, I finally received a couple iJDMTOY dash blank fog light buttons. In the next couple weeks I plan to get them wired up to some relays to operate as kill switches for lights. No, I am not planning to evade police on the cannonball run - but I do want the ability to kill the lights when parked so as not to draw attention nor annoy my neighbors at night. But yes, I will be ready for stealthing through our impending Mad Max future.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Update: After living with the led bat switches for the past year, I got to say, they are. Too. Damn. Bright. Not to a point of being a problem, but they definitely throw too much light in my peripheral vision at night for my liking. I think I am going to paint/tint the led tips in an attempt to calm them down. Any suggestions here would be appreciated.

Otherwise, everything is working just fine. I even started cleaning up some of the wiring under the dash with loom and tesa tape.

Also, I finally received a couple iJDMTOY dash blank fog light buttons. In the next couple weeks I plan to get them wired up to some relays to operate as kill switches for lights. No, I am not planning to evade police on the cannonball run - but I do want the ability to kill the lights when parked so as not to draw attention nor annoy my neighbors at night. But yes, I will be ready for stealthing through our impending Mad Max future.
Add a resistor to the LED input? Or add a an adjustable DC voltage regulator and feed them all with that instead of 12+v. If they don’t dim enough with reduced voltage add a circuit to drive them with a PWM signal.

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Add a resistor to the LED input? Or add a an adjustable DC voltage regulator and feed them all with that instead of 12+v. If they don’t dim enough with reduced voltage add a circuit to drive them with a PWM signal.
Good idea, but I have doubts. These switches are spst - I think the led is on the same circuit as the switch (at least pinout wise), so I would need to pull the switch apart to get a resister in there, if it is even possible - and depending on how they are wired up internally, the resister may still interfere with the electronics connected through the switch. I have one extra switch, so I am going to poke at that today - maybe try to paint the led tip as well for a test.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Ah, looked like the LED had a separate input for the one I looked at when I googled that type of switch.

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah, looked like the LED had a separate input for the one I looked at when I googled that type of switch.
Yeah, the switches I used draw power from the switched circuit.

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT Hatch
Country flag
Any guides or videos or pics as to pop these out, or install your own switch inside of those squares?

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I want to get my own button in there but can not find any how too or guide to do it.

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

eaeaerick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
I've got an R3 also. Bought a fuse tap that comes with a mute button built in. I think Uniden manufactures them. Anyways, i just popped one of the blanks out on the left side of the steering wheel and the mute button box fits nice and snug in the hole on its own.

I know this is an older thread but figured it might help some folks looking for a clean install.
Sponsored