Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes painted it's oem Honda part.. Just call your local Honda dealer
Just recieved my si wing for my coupe cost was $507.00 plus bolts paid $340.00 they forgot to send foot caps so I will have to wait till next week for dealership to install....... my question is was there any fitment problems installing on a 2016 coupe, dealer says they are exactly the same any input would be appreciated
Sponsored

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do a dry layout of the spoiler first. Then frog tape around the mounting leg to make sure you know exact placement. Then while someone holds it in place walk out and take a look at a few angles to make sure it's placed properly. Compare a Si placement in pictures from many views. Long story short make sure you know exact Oem placement.

2. use double sided sticky tape with holes. Place them on the spoiler mounting holes. Now set the spoiler to the tape placement you did earlier exact. Push down and make sure it's placed correct. Then pull the spoiler leaving the hole markings. Now your ready to drill and mount. The hole in the double sided sticky tape will keep your drill bit steady. I used stainless bolts and stainless lock washers. It's really not hard at all. The coupe doesn't even have a brake light wiring like the sedan.

Oem 2017 Si Sedan spoiler install on 2017 EXT sedan

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Si coupe spoiler install 3s2kmxu-

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Si coupe spoiler install 2myd93b-

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Si coupe spoiler install vk9cend-

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Si coupe spoiler install 8eesxls-

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Si coupe spoiler install 350oxtx-

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Si coupe spoiler install 24zkg77-

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Si coupe spoiler install 2mqs0ar-

Could someone do a write up/diy on how to get this done? Would love to do it to my coupe.

Last edited:

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do a dry layout of the spoiler first. Then frog tape around to mounting leg to make sure you know exact placement. Then while someone holds it in place walk out and take a look at a few angles to make sure it's placed properly. Compare a Si placement in pictures from many views. Long story short make sure you know exact Oem placement.

2. use double sided sticky tape with holes. Place them on the spoiler mounting holes. Now set the spoiler to the tape placement you did earlier exact. Push down and make sure it's placed correct. Then pull the spoiler leaving the hole markings. Now your ready to drill and mount. It's really not hard at all. The coupe doesn't even have a brake light wiring like the sedan.
Thanks @HondaPro Will give it a try

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
Do a dry layout of the spoiler first. Then frog tape around the mounting leg to make sure you know exact placement. Then while someone holds it in place walk out and take a look at a few angles to make sure it's placed properly. Compare a Si placement in pictures from many views. Long story short make sure you know exact Oem placement.

2. use double sided sticky tape with holes. Place them on the spoiler mounting holes. Now set the spoiler to the tape placement you did earlier exact. Push down and make sure it's placed correct. Then pull the spoiler leaving the hole markings. Now your ready to drill and mount. The hole in the double sided sticky tape will keep your drill bit steady. I used stainless bolts and stainless lock washers. It's really not hard at all. The coupe doesn't even have a brake light wiring like the sedan.
There's no visual spots on the underside of the trunk lid to show where bolts are supposed to go? When I put the Si spoiler on my 8th gen the trunk lid had little dots on the underside to show where to drill the holes.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda did not intend the Si spoiler as a non Si vehicle option. You may have spots for a Honda Oem coupe spoiler but not the Si spoiler.

There's no visual spots on the underside of the trunk lid to show where bolts are supposed to go? When I put the Si spoiler on my 8th gen the trunk lid had little dots on the underside to show where to drill the holes.

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Oem 2017 Si Sedan spoiler install on 2017 EXT sedan

3s2kmxu-jpg.jpg

2myd93b-jpg.jpg

vk9cend-jpg.jpg

8eesxls-jpg.jpg

350oxtx-jpg.jpg

24zkg77-jpg.jpg

2mqs0ar-jpg.jpg
Looks awesome great job man.....Lol Letting Dealer install Tomorrow Will post pics soon Thank you for all your input

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Out of curiosity, if someone could provide information on installation for the "coupe" spoiler that would be great. I installed the Si spoiler on my 8th gen coupe, and the installation was similar to what HondaPro wrote up above for his sedan install...

But, I just received a coupe spoiler today and in addition to the bolts that I have to drill for, it looks like there are some plastic clips/posts that are T shaped that stick out of the bottom of the spoiler where it mounts to the trunklid...making things a little more complicated than just drilling holes like on my 8th. Also I don't see any nuts to sit on the end of these bolts..should there be? If someone could show me how this thing mounts up on an Si so I don't **** it up that would be great. :p

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Out of curiosity, if someone could provide information on installation for the "coupe" spoiler that would be great. I installed the Si spoiler on my 8th gen coupe, and the installation was similar to what HondaPro wrote up above for his sedan install...

But, I just received a coupe spoiler today and in addition to the bolts that I have to drill for, it looks like there are some plastic clips/posts that are T shaped that stick out of the bottom of the spoiler where it mounts to the trunklid...making things a little more complicated than just drilling holes like on my 8th. Also I don't see any nuts to sit on the end of these bolts..should there be? If someone could show me how this thing mounts up on an Si so I don't **** it up that would be great. :p
I wish you good luck, was going to install myself until i saw the 4 bolts and screws....So I headed down to my Honda dealer after I paid almost $600.00 dollars for the wing, caps and misc bolts and screws, while waiting in customer lounge tech says he couldnt install because there was no template for the 16 coupe so i said its the same as the 17 coupe he said it didnt matter and they were sorry....So I'm like wtf man and he said there was a custom body shop across the the street that would do it Cost $225.00 more so thats what i did heres some pics
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Si coupe spoiler install file1
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Si coupe spoiler install file2
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Si coupe spoiler install file3
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Si coupe spoiler install file4

tfc_eddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R, 2018 Civic Si ?SOLD?
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here are all the parts you will need to buy a spoiler.

you will need to change #31 to the color of your car.

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Si coupe spoiler install honda parts spoiler.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Si coupe spoiler install si wing.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Si coupe spoiler install si wing 2.JPG

sillyrabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Here are all the parts you will need to buy a spoiler.

you will need to change #31 to the color of your car.

honda parts spoiler.JPG

si wing.JPG

si wing 2.JPG
I showed this to my Honda dealership and they said that these parts include the entire trunk, they said I don’t need a trunk as I already have one... how can I figure out what parts are needed to install this on a Touring Coupe trunk?

Last edited:

tfc_eddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R, 2018 Civic Si ?SOLD?
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I showed this to my Honda dealership and they said that these parts include the entire trunk, they said I don’t need a trunk as I already have one... how can I figure out what parts are needed to install this on a Touring Coupe trunk?
Sorry for late reply.
If they saw this then they could have easily just figured out that they don’t have to order the trunk lol.
I put all the part numbers that you need.
Trust me on this one i’ve Done a lot of research to get this list. You definitely don’t need a new trunk.
Sponsored