OEM power folding mirrors

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I saw that page from the guy who did it who was in Hong Kong but there's no detailed writeup about it or followup. I've checked the parts diagram and the LED headlights take a different wiring harness altogether. It'd be hard to the point where it's not worth it either, but at least there's parts/wiring diagrams to sift through unlike a modification for power mirrors.
exactly... I wouldn't be surprised if honda came out with the power folding feature and honda link next year... or mid model refresh
Sponsored

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
This car is definitely wider than I'm used to.. But it's not so much as squeezing into tight spaces for me, it's Everytime I go to the grocery store someone elbows them. Sometimes my wife waits in the car and it seems like everytime I come back she has a story to tell. It's exhausting
Weird, spaces up here aren't too bad, some lots are smaller than others...car just seems smaller to me ever since I had a Ridgeline :)

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Power folding mirrors are more essential in Asian countries because parking spaces are a premium. Not only are spaces tight, but lots of people park in back alleys like this, and mirrors get smashed.
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM power folding mirrors DRA56e6078398495

This is why Kias and Hyundais have them as standard in Korea, and it's much easier to plug and play.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Because of lack of hope of gaining rear vents I will make it my mission!! I'm only partly serious. I think one thing that would need to happen is seeing the floor of both models of the car. I'd assume all pieces for the system are able to be ordered, but it's the actual work. Plus, if whereever the piping runs for the system isn't made on both models of the car it's for sure impossible. But if it's just cuts (still difficult) or possibly just swapping pieces of the center console then it may be easier than we think.

It would still be 1k or more most likely.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
This thread went pretty quiet. Anybody done anything on this topic?

I'm about to order power fold mirrors and switch and swap them into my CTR. I'll let you know how much weight it adds and try to do a nice write-up on how to do it if I don't find another one first.

Killaghost

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ex T civic sedan
Country flag
This thread went pretty quiet. Anybody done anything on this topic?

I'm about to order power fold mirrors and switch and swap them into my CTR. I'll let you know how much weight it adds and try to do a nice write-up on how to do it if I don't find another one first.

Hey so what happened man?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Hey so what happened man?
Ooh! I've had them on the car for about 18-20 months now. Install was definitely a challenge!

I have them for sale up on the website-they ship direct from UK.

infi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FN2
Country flag
any news, i have easy access to power folding mirrors (used) beacouse i live in europe and all civic here have this function (i have civic si coupe imported frum USA without Power folding and i would like to swap it)
But is it just swaping side mirrors and driver door mirror panel) plus adding wires to mirror or there is something elese?
Sponsored