OEM power folding mirrors

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
my frrriend, i did not mean that in a negative way by any means. you don't know if that will be the case...your talking about an MDX as if its the same vehicle, how about i do some research and determine if it will be worth it so that other users can decide if it will be worth it for them. or if its even possible... you might be completely correct. but your comment isn't helpful without any links, evidence data to back it up on this particular car. like i say people do this alllll the time. however i welcome you to join me on researching this a bit more and will welcome any material you bring to the table that will help us users out. even if its damning...it will help.
No, I know there was no negativity, but the argument that it's going to be arduous is still the same.

Let's take the 7th gen accord - the TSX/TL of same years were based off the same architecture, and shared many parts. STILL it was incredibly hard to retrofit folding mirrors from the TSX into the Accord. It too involved splicing harnesses and physically cutting out mirror housings to fit the motors.

Asian Civics don't have Lanewatch. Our Civics do. To fit a motor as well as the lanewatch camera circuitry is going to require physical modifications, or may not even be possible. Then there's the electricals.

Once the car is widely available worldwide you'd have a better idea for sure -- some members on here (which is predominantly north american) will surely do it - it could be you! - but it ain't going to be easy. No real "evidence" needed to be able to easily tell from past experience.
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Hey on the bright side - There's tons of people in India, and many people of Honda-owning means travel to India with frequency to visit family, have weddings, swim in Indus River, or any number of reasons. Surely one of these people would be able to smuggle some side mirrors back to the US!!!

OP
OP
Quicksipper

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes! It has been done by a company from Thailand. Po-40 there is very little information about them. Will do some more digging.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
lol the amount of time and effort to get rear vents will be astronomical.

Power folding mirrors will probably be more feasible, if it's purely electrical. If there's any software involved (ie. a setting inside the infotainment unit to control on/off) then it'll again be quite a task.
Ohh yeah, I 100% will not be adding rear vents, would have been nice, but not feasible...as for the folding mirrors, the car isn't that big, my old 03 Mercedes SUV had it, was nice, but hardly used it...also my 92 S class benz had it, that car was very wide, so was nice to have

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag

navynate88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder why they went without installing the rear vents in the US model. To save something for the "upgrades" year to year?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I wonder why they went without installing the rear vents in the US model. To save something for the "upgrades" year to year?
Because rear heated seats sounds better than rear vents lol

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
Because rear heated seats sounds better than rear vents lol
haha, my son is 1 and in a car seat, so, glad I didn't get touring :)
Even so, if vents were in the touring only, I still wouldn't have gotten it.

OP
OP
Quicksipper

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ohh yeah, I 100% will not be adding rear vents, would have been nice, but not feasible...as for the folding mirrors, the car isn't that big, my old 03 Mercedes SUV had it, was nice, but hardly used it...also my 92 S class benz had it, that car was very wide, so was nice to have
This car is definitely wider than I'm used to.. But it's not so much as squeezing into tight spaces for me, it's Everytime I go to the grocery store someone elbows them. Sometimes my wife waits in the car and it seems like everytime I come back she has a story to tell. It's exhausting

OP
OP
Quicksipper

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting, but their website shows the Po-40 RCM B+. It's ~$40 USD, and is just a control module with wires. The mirror actuators and wiring are all separate, so I don't even know how this works lol

https://translate.googleusercontent...s.html&usg=ALkJrhha2qdjsG0s641WsQjZ0I4aqMIgZQ
I have no idea but this makes me confident that we will see some aftermarket power folding mirrors in the US, and seeing as they won't be OEM hopefully the "kit" will be half the cost.

artactive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.8E (Entry level)
Country flag
In Thailand I saw Many have Side Mirror Fold when you Lock Car. It's A Box With Y-Socket Plug And Installation Is Very Easy. But Some Has Not Good Quality Will Blown Your Fuse

OP
OP
Quicksipper

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
USP motorsports has conversions for about $500 but they don't have many cars listed yet. Worth a shot to shoot em an email I suppose.

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
In fact, I bet you it's more feasible to install LED headlights on non Touring models than this first, and no one has done that yet.[/QUOTE]

somebody did that already but you're absolutely right... not worth the time and money when you can just buy an LED kit lol

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Yes! It has been done by a company from Thailand. Po-40 there is very little information about them. Will do some more digging.
nice!!!! if this is a simple reliable mod for cheap $ i'll do it..... i was just talking about this with @Dretlaw and @cabecker01

i can't believe the nasty ass kias have this and not our civics?!??? WTF man...

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
somebody did that already but you're absolutely right... not worth the time and money when you can just buy an LED kit lol
Yeah I saw that page from the guy who did it who was in Hong Kong but there's no detailed writeup about it or followup. I've checked the parts diagram and the LED headlights take a different wiring harness altogether. It'd be hard to the point where it's not worth it either, but at least there's parts/wiring diagrams to sift through unlike a modification for power mirrors.
Sponsored