OEM power folding mirrors

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I saw this ad for India, and realized that I MUST have power folding mirrors! Along with rear A/C and the VTEC turbo badging. Question is how do I obtain them. Surely they are compatible to our US models.
Sponsored

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
I would like the rear venting for heat and AC...only thing that I really missed from the Accord I was looking at, but civic was much more fun to drive :)

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
lol the amount of time and effort to get rear vents will be astronomical.

Power folding mirrors will probably be more feasible, if it's purely electrical. If there's any software involved (ie. a setting inside the infotainment unit to control on/off) then it'll again be quite a task.

OP
OP
Quicksipper

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol the amount of time and effort to get rear vents will be astronomical.

Power folding mirrors will probably be more feasible, if it's purely electrical. If there's any software involved (ie. a setting inside the infotainment unit to control on/off) then it'll again be quite a task.
I was thinking the same, but who knows if no one asks right?
Power folding is a must! I know that's feasible, people do it all the time with other vehicles. I wouldn't mind if it was push button Vs wiring into the infotainment.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Read this. Someone has retroffited power fold mirrors from a Canadian MDX to their USDM one. Far more trouble than its worth and this guy even had the benefit of finding parts from Canada to the US. With us, having to get parts overseas because neither Canada or US have power mirrors, this is far more trouble than it's worth.

http://www.mdxers.org/forums/94-thi...sent/66866-quest-power-folding-mirrors-4.html

OP
OP
Quicksipper

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Read this. Someone has retroffited power fold mirrors from a Canadian MDX to their USDM one. Far more trouble than its worth and this guy even had the benefit of finding parts from Canada to the US. With us, having to get parts overseas because neither Canada or US have power mirrors, this is far more trouble than it's worth.

http://www.mdxers.org/forums/94-thi...sent/66866-quest-power-folding-mirrors-4.html
there has got to be a way! I will keep this thread updated.. doing some digging. thanks for the responses!

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Of course there is a way, it's just that for most of us that way is not even remotely worth it.

I donno if you actually read the MDX thread, but he had to call an out-of-the-country dealer for all the necessary part numbers, essentially import the mirrors and other parts to the states, downgrade his computer to access wiring diagrams which were wrong, and so then he had to manually pin-out the wiring harness, then MacGyver a circuit with two Radioshack DPDT relays and then install all that in.

Took him months to do it.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I was thinking the same, but who knows if no one asks right?
Power folding is a must! I know that's feasible, people do it all the time with other vehicles. I wouldn't mind if it was push button Vs wiring into the infotainment.
I don't know for sure, but I imagine it will be similar to how it is in the 8th gen civics. With them, the relay to move the mirrors is built into the switch. Unfortunately, the switch is in the door, so you need to get a signal over to the other door. You'll need pins to put into the harness - the plug has enough blanks because they use the same AMP type connector for all but just leave the unused portions empty. Probably be an 8 pin plug with just 3 wires going to it currently.
PasswordJDM had the oem mirrors for the 8th civic. I'd hit them up as they may be able to get these for you at some point-!
Fair warning - the oem power fold mirrors were $950 on sale!

OP
OP
Quicksipper

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Of course there is a way, it's just that for most of us that way is not even remotely worth it.

I donno if you actually read the MDX thread, but he had to call an out-of-the-country dealer for all the necessary part numbers, essentially import the mirrors and other parts to the states, downgrade his computer to access wiring diagrams which were wrong, and so then he had to manually pin-out the wiring harness, then MacGyver a circuit with two Radioshack DPDT relays and then install all that in.

Took him months to do it.
my frrriend, i did not mean that in a negative way by any means. you don't know if that will be the case...your talking about an MDX as if its the same vehicle, how about i do some research and determine if it will be worth it so that other users can decide if it will be worth it for them. or if its even possible... you might be completely correct. but your comment isn't helpful without any links, evidence data to back it up on this particular car. like i say people do this alllll the time. however i welcome you to join me on researching this a bit more and will welcome any material you bring to the table that will help us users out. even if its damning...it will help.

OP
OP
Quicksipper

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know for sure, but I imagine it will be similar to how it is in the 8th gen civics. With them, the relay to move the mirrors is built into the switch. Unfortunately, the switch is in the door, so you need to get a signal over to the other door. You'll need pins to put into the harness - the plug has enough blanks because they use the same AMP type connector for all but just leave the unused portions empty. Probably be an 8 pin plug with just 3 wires going to it currently.
PasswordJDM had the oem mirrors for the 8th civic. I'd hit them up as they may be able to get these for you at some point-!
Fair warning - the oem power fold mirrors were $950 on sale!
THIS, thank you...lets get this thread rolling

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
And also remember the fact that he went through all that trouble importing parts ONLY across the Canadian/US border where people speak English and have resources and where both countries can be connected by road. Since neither US/Canadian Civics have power fold mirrors, your ability to source the parts will be limited to Asian countries whose people may not speak English very well, or perhaps England at best later IF they include power fold mirrors on their models.

We are using the MDX as a comparison because even though it's in a different class, the systems, electrical architecture and engineering are similar across all Honda vehicles from the Fit to the RLX. With that in mind, the process of conversion will be similar if we inquire about installing power mirrors. Hell, RLX has the same window switches as 9th gen civic.

Are you really going to drop a grand on parts from overseas knowing very well they might not work, where you lack the knowledge to do the install (Because dealers ain't touching this shit), or where said parts may be damaged or lost in transit? Personally, I think I'm going to leave this alone and accept the fact that I drive a sub $30k car and acknowledge that the next Honda/Acura model to actually have power fold mirrors from the factory are the Acura TLX Tech/Elite (Canadian only) and the 2017 MDX both which start around $45k to $53k. It's not feasible.

In fact, I bet you it's more feasible to install LED headlights on non Touring models than this first, and no one has done that yet.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
There was a company selling 'knockoff' power folding mirrors with defrost for like $370 painted. That was for the 8thcivic also.
Sponsored