• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OEM Honda parts online catalogues readily available?

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Long story short I recently put Tein H spec lowering springs on my '22 Si and like a fool, cut the outboard CV boot on the stupid lower control arm bracket during the process. I went to my local dealer where I bought the car and ordered a boot kit part number 44018-3k0-h00. I spent the better part of 6 hours with a buddy today trying to get that friggin boot on. My gut says the boot I ordered was for a standard Cvic and not an Si boot as it was just a little to small to fit the boot over the axle. On a whim I called to see if Honda sells the outboard passenger side axle but the parts guy said they are on back order indefinitely. After a ton of cursing, sweat, and almost tears, we were able to get it on using a funnel. I'm not a 100% confident we didn't get some grime or dirt in the grease as we were wrestling with the boot. A might order a replacement axle for insurance but Honda doesn't appear to be getting any as replacements anytime soon. Does anyone know of an alternative source for these? Does a 10th gen Si axle fit? Thanks in advance!
TLDR: Don't cut the outer CV boot when replacing springs and or shocks and where can I get a replacement axle when there are on indefinite backorder from Honda.

Thanks
-Jamie
Sponsored