First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yea my 2020 has that newly designed beige panel, i ended up using the one from the junkyard which was cracked a bit but it was the older design where i COULD put the pins in like everyone else does. I didn't want to spend the time to trace all of the hidden wires in the plastic, and try Soldering a wire to the metal.
Sponsored

stanleywinthrop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
yea my 2020 has that newly designed beige panel, i ended up using the one from the junkyard which was cracked a bit but it was the older design where i COULD put the pins in like everyone else does. I didn't want to spend the time to trace all of the hidden wires in the plastic, and try Soldering a wire to the metal.
That's why I just spliced the map light wires. I did try to swap out the oddessy beige panel for my Si panel, but alas the 3 pin harness connector on the si was a different design and wouldn't fit the oddessy panel, so I had to stick with the si panel. With posi taps I still rate the 2 wire installation as quite easy.

ty77064

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I try not to splice any wires if I can. So I decided to solder it instead (shitty job, it's been awhile ?). Works great. But if anything were to go wrong, I can just replace the panel. I also used Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric Flat Black, it matches pretty well. But I made the mistake of wiping it down with isopropyl alcohol before painting it. It started to take the paint off the buttons, and somehow gives it a crinkle look. I can live with it.

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install IMG_2342

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install IMG_2343
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install IMG_2344

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
I have 4 wires from the HomeLink module. Do I connect all 4 to my overhead console wires? and can I use the pictures tap splices?

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install 20200429_203157
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install 20200429_203228
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install 20200802_210051

stanleywinthrop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have 4 wires from the HomeLink module. Do I connect all 4 to my overhead console wires? and can I use the pictures tap splices?

20200429_203157.jpg
20200429_203228.jpg
20200802_210051.jpg
Looks like your homelink came with the 5 pin connector which makes things a little easier. Refer to the OP for wiring instructions. You can connect #2 and #5 wires to the black and red wires in the far left of your middle picture. That will give you basic functionality. Refer to the OP for more info about the other wires.

Your bottom picture is a little blurry, but if they are the type of connectors I think they are, it should work.

Musclebadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Thank you everyone for the information on this thread! Ended up not having to use my t taps, everything works like it should. The one I bought didn’t have the holes for the mic so I ended up drilling and using a dremel. Worked like a charm And I didn’t have to buy a different one.

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install 2E387AD3-1F40-458B-BF97-812E52E3875B

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Not sure how this all compares with a Civic Si but just wanted to see if anyone has done this with one. Everything looks to line up like the photos shown and other posts. Just wanted to see.

stanleywinthrop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Not sure how this all compares with a Civic Si but just wanted to see if anyone has done this with one. Everything looks to line up like the photos shown and other posts. Just wanted to see.
Many of the installs above, including mine, are of an si.

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
There’s no difference between the cars in this case.

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Just wanted to toss this idea out there for anyone who wants a garage door button but can’t find a used one or doesn’t want to pay an arm and a leg for a new one.

I installed This on my garage door at home for $50 and just use Siri to open and close my garage door. As long as you have internet at home it will work. I still carry my garage door opener in my car just in case but this was so simple to install. It also works with Alexa and google so Android can do it too.

IDs748

First Name
PRAJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
Just wanted to toss this idea out there for anyone who wants a garage door button but can’t find a used one or doesn’t want to pay an arm and a leg for a new one.

I installed This on my garage door at home for $50 and just use Siri to open and close my garage door. As long as you have internet at home it will work. I still carry my garage door opener in my car just in case but this was so simple to install. It also works with Alexa and google so Android can do it too.
I have a Ryobi Garage Door Opener and it has the app, however the ease of using a homelink button vs pulling out the phone and loading the app is a PITA. Many of the newer openers including Chamberlain versions have some sort of app as well.

I'm going to be going to local wreckers to find this part soon! I miss the homelink from my previous Infiniti G37, even my accord had it going to a 2019 Civic I never thought I wouldn't have it!

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a Ryobi Garage Door Opener and it has the app, however the ease of using a homelink button vs pulling out the phone and loading the app

I have one for sale. It isn’t the black it’s grey. If you’re interested

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a Ryobi Garage Door Opener and it has the app, however the ease of using a homelink button vs pulling out the phone and loading the app

I have one for sale. It isn’t the black it’s grey. If you’re interested

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry guys my phone went absolutely screwed for a few minutes told me that it wasn’t posting I pushed it a bunch of times I see that now

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Sorry guys my phone went absolutely screwed for a few minutes told me that it wasn’t posting I pushed it a bunch of times I see that now
All good. Personally I have my phone running car play so all I have to do is press my steering wheel button and say”hey Siri, open the garage door” and it’s done.
Sponsored