OEM HomeLink Install

knightmare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Homelink installed! Thanks lemonz.

Wired up and waiting for homelink piece to be plastidipped.
Top rail used for the center red triangle light, Middle rail used for the homelink buttons, and bottom rail for ground.
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install 20170909_114629

Black plastidip from Lowe's matches almost perfectly!
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install 20170909_130616

Deepak J

First Name
Deepak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatch, 2014 Audi A7 Sportback Premium
Country flag
I have a civic sport hatch, i would like to have the buttons illuminate with headlight switch, any idea where to wire pin 1 and 4 if i dont have a sunroof switch or the small led

The wiring for the HomeLink module I installed is as follows;

Pin 1: Variable ground for the button illumination (dimming feature)
Pin 2: Ground
Pin 3: Not used
Pin 4: +12v for the button illumination (headlight switch controlled)
Pin 5: +12v (constant)

my pin
1 = yellow
2 = black
3= blank
4 = blue with silver strips
5 = white with silver strips

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a civic sport hatch, i would like to have the buttons illuminate with headlight switch, any idea where to wire pin 1 and 4 if i dont have a sunroof switch or the small led
Same as the CTR, you'll have to run a wire to the fuse panel. Easy to do. The a pillars are held in place with one bolt and one clip. Remove the SRS airbag plug near the top and a bolt is hiding in there. Remove that then give it a firm tug away from the pillar. It will pop out. Run the new wires along with the existing wires so they are out of the airbags way.

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I’ve run into a problem. Since I’ve moved to another house with a garage, I haven’t been able to get the garage door opener I installed on my car to work with the garage door. The garage door is 15 years old so it’s nothing new or fancy. I purchased an overhead console from a 201x pilot and installed it like most have. I have power to the opener inside the car and it flashes properly when you hold the button to look for a signal. The garage door will program to any other normal visor remote I’ve tried but I’ve had zero luck with the car.

Is it likely that the garage door and the opener do not use the same frequency?

I’ve run out of ideas and almost considered taking it out because it’s disappointing to look at. Has anyone else had this issue with their opener?

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install C14C9EBB-DEC3-4126-9DC9-43F34B3812DB

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install 463249B9-B236-4A42-AC87-5C823C4F1A2C

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install image

Deepak J

First Name
Deepak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I’ve run into a problem. Since I’ve moved to another house with a garage, I haven’t been able to get the garage door opener I installed on my car to work with the garage door. The garage door is 15 years old so it’s nothing new or fancy. I purchased an overhead console from a 201x pilot and installed it like most have. I have power to the opener inside the car and it flashes properly when you hold the button to look for a signal. The garage door will program to any other normal visor remote I’ve tried but I’ve had zero luck with the car.

Is it likely that the garage door and the opener do not use the same frequency?

I’ve run out of ideas and almost considered taking it out because it’s disappointing to look at. Has anyone else had this issue with their opener?

C14C9EBB-DEC3-4126-9DC9-43F34B3812DB.jpeg

463249B9-B236-4A42-AC87-5C823C4F1A2C.jpeg

image.jpg
hey i had an issue with the gentex homelink mirror, my garage door unit was newer but the gntx-453 mirror with homelink and hidden compass was pre 2011, i had to buy the chamberlain bridge for the older homelink version to talk to the newer garage door motor,

not sure it it will solve your issue as well

or maybe you need to clear the stored code for that button or all buttons by pressing the 2 outer homelink buttons until you see it rapidly flash. then hold the clicker 1-3 inches from the homelink and press the button you want to program and the clicker button at the same time until you see it rapid flash, if you dont have a rolling code motor it should work at this point, if you have rolling code then on the motor press the learn button, get back in car and press the button you want to program 2-3 times until you see the light flash on the motor. It should work this way.

Last edited:

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
maybe you need to clear the stored code for that button or all buttons by pressing the 2 outer homelink buttons until you see it rapidly flash. then hold the clicker 1-3 inches from the homelink and press the button you want to program and the clicker button at the same time until you see it rapid flash, if you dont have a rolling code motor it should work at this point, if you have rolling code then on the motor press the learn button, get back in car and press the button you want to program 2-3 times until you see the light flash on the motor. It should work this way.
That worked for me! I didn’t think about having to clear any old codes! I thought it would override any existing codes if you tried reprogramming that button! Thank you for your help!

Deepak J

First Name
Deepak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That worked for me! I didn’t think about having to clear any old codes! I thought it would override any existing codes if you tried reprogramming that button! Thank you for your help!
no problem

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
Got my homelink today, but I'm missing a cableconnector for the HomeLink. Where is it possible to get that?

Deepak J

First Name
Deepak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Last edited:

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
Better to just make your own using breadboard female to male wires

https://www.amazon.com/Haitronic-Multicolored-Breadboard-Arduino-raspberry/dp/B01LZF1ZSZ/ref=sr_1_8?dd=cOA-yWs__VPXXmNLR71_NQ,,&ie=UTF8&qid=1511015776&sr=8-8&keywords=breadboard+wires&refinements=p_96:10155283011

Pin 1: Variable ground for the button illumination (dimming feature)
Pin 2: Ground
Pin 3: Not used
Pin 4: +12v for the button illumination (headlight switch controlled)
Pin 5: +12v (constant)

Pin Layout.jpg
Thanks bud!
Ordered from eBay since Amazon didn't want to ship to Norway. 1,2$ incl shipping... Omg that's cheap

cstout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
@elvisfan48640 thank you for this post. It was a huge help. I ended up getting an odyssey unit and the color is slightly different but not enough to notice or bother. Kind of a slight two tone look. Anyway, the cable colors from my unit didn’t match yours but the pin out was the same. Thanks again. So good to have homelink in the civic where it belongs!

Snoozemore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Thank You!!!! Great post, installed 2 days ago, opted for factory install. I’m in Canada, could not find this console local, so had to order on eBay from Florida. Paid $100 and was from a 2015 Acura TLX, noticed the homelink module says accord/TLX. Colour is so close, almost exact, just tried to find something that looked gray.
One thing to mention, I’m electrical technologist by trade so wasn’t worried about shorting wires and soldered one wire at a time without disconnecting the battery. All went well, however at first the homelink did not work - no power on map lights. Turned the car on and maps lights lit also homelink working now. Driving home today, found my sunroof not working - switch would not work at all. Checked connector, nothing wrong, started thinking I would have to take apart to troubleshoot, however with the computers, it was likely not a wiring issue, more related to removing/connecting the connector with power on. Then thought if I hold unlock on the keyfob the windows and sunroof open, this would tell me if the issue was wiring or computer related. Well I’ll be a monkeys uncle the sunroof opened, tried to close with the switch and it’s all good now, opens, tilts and closes. So.... if you perform this awesome upgrade, be sure to disconnect the battery first, as I’m sure these issues are related to pulling connections with power.

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install 4C4E0060-4CFD-43D3-B431-DE7DBC86E004

Last edited:

ebang

First Name
Errol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic
Country flag
Hello all,
Just wondering if I can just get a rear view mirror form the 2018 Accord and add swap it out with my 2018 Civic and get the homelink to work
Sponsored