jriivera11

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I need to find out the exact piping diameter of the exhaust system on the 1.5L sport. Before you answer yes, I have looked through the threads. There is a lot of conflict on this. Some people are saying 2", 2 1/4", 2 1/2". Can someone provide a more clear cut answer on this?
Sponsored

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
I believe the piping has been confirmed as 2 inch, but I myself have not personally measured it.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Are you talking about the section after the front pipe? It's a tapered system, not just one size end to end. I'll take more exacting measurements after work today if you want, but from rough memory it goes from about 2.125" at it's largest and necks down to about 1.875" right at the muffler outlets before flaring out to 2" at the tips.

OP
OP

jriivera11

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you talking about the section after the front pipe? It's a tapered system, not just one size end to end. I'll take more exacting measurements after work today if you want, but from rough memory it goes from about 2.125" at it's largest and necks down to about 1.875" right at the muffler outlets before flaring out to 2" at the tips.
Looking more specifically towards the tips. Thanks for all the info! I am still undecided, IDK if I want to keep the stock exhaust or buy an aftermarket. My only worries with the aftermarket is possibly voiding the factory warranty.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Looking more specifically towards the tips. Thanks for all the info! I am still undecided, IDK if I want to keep the stock exhaust or buy an aftermarket. My only worries with the aftermarket is possibly voiding the factory warranty.
I'll check that area later today after work for the exact size. For what it's worth, at the local Honda dealer I know of a few of the mechanics there that are running aftermarket exhausts on their personal Civics. I asked the tech writer if I did the same would it affect the warranty, he said only I was making a warranty claim that's something exhaust related, but it's probably up to each individual dealership.
Since putting on my aftermarket exhaust, running datalogs hasn't shown any changes to the fuel trims. Really the biggest difference is sound. Any performance gains ( or loss ) has been insignificant. I did pick up about a 1.5 mpg improvement over stock OEM exhaust. ( 2.375" dia. Prodrager )

OP
OP

jriivera11

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll check that area later today after work for the exact size. For what it's worth, at the local Honda dealer I know of a few of the mechanics there that are running aftermarket exhausts on their personal Civics. I asked the tech writer if I did the same would it affect the warranty, he said only I was making a warranty claim that's something exhaust related, but it's probably up to each individual dealership.
Since putting on my aftermarket exhaust, running datalogs hasn't shown any changes to the fuel trims. Really the biggest difference is sound. Any performance gains ( or loss ) has been insignificant. I did pick up about a 1.5 mpg improvement over stock OEM exhaust. ( 2.375" dia. Prodrager )
Awesome! Thanks for all the info. To be honest this forum has been a blessing for me as this is my first time modding a vehicle. Interesting that you did not see an increase in performance but in mpg. Did you also change the front and downpipe when you installed the aftermarket exhaust. Also, what exhaust did you choose and why? Just curious to get someone else's opinion who has a little more experience than me. I have heard good things about greedy, 27won(too expensive if you ask me), and some mixed experiences with the invidia brand. Thanks again bud.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
So I measured my neighbor’s 2018 Sport Hatchback exhaust, using a Starret caliper. The exhaust system appears to be metric in size, starting off at 55mm (2.165”) right after the front pipe, quickly tapering down to 50mm (1.968”) until it splits into the two pipes leading to the mufflers, narrowing down slightly to 48mm ( 1.889” ) Then right after the muffler outlets it seems to start off at 45mm (1.787”) before flaring back out to finishing the run to the tips at 48mm again.

I have an LX hatchback, so my choices on exhaust systems is much more limited than your Sport. I went with a Prodrager exhaust to have a center exhaust like the Sport, but chose not to run a down pipe / front pipe for a couple reasons, mainly after watching another friend put one in, he broke a stud and it just seemed to be a big huge pain to install. The second reason is I’m just barely under the legal noise limit with the Prodrager exhaust, a dp would have put me over the sound limit.
The mechanics at the dealership with the modded Civics all have the Greddy exhaust ( Two SIs, and one Sport Hatchback. )
Sponsored