OEM Hankook tires on LX trim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Hi,

For the people here who own the earlier years of the 10th gen Civic LX(2016, 2017), how are your OEM Hankook tires holding up and who has the most mileage on them?

I see that this tire is really poorly rated on Tire Rack and at the bottom of the list for its category. Seems like a
horrible tire on the LX trim.

Thanks
Sponsored

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
I got about 55,000 miles with aggressive driving with the stock hankook kinergy GT.
Poor performance in wet and snow but man it got good gas mileage ... trip from Minneapolis to Chicago I got 47 mpg hwy (50 mpg indicated) ... but I was only doing 65 mph the whole way and being very eco conscious

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
72K miles on OE Hankooks. Nothing horrible. I live in the South so little to no snow. Plenty of rain but I don't drive aggressively in the wet. How could you drive aggressively in an LX?

Typical OE tires. Not the best but certainly not the worst.

snwmble

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 Porsche 911, 90 BMW 325iX, 21 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
absolutely horrible tires. We had them on our 2018 Civic Hatch that we just traded in with 21K miles, and the tires were severely dry rotted, had zero grip from new, soft sidewalls, and the tread wear was right at the wear marks.

Worst tires i've ever owned, and i've owned a ton.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I got about 55,000 miles with aggressive driving with the stock hankook kinergy GT.
Poor performance in wet and snow but man it got good gas mileage ... trip from Minneapolis to Chicago I got 47 mpg hwy (50 mpg indicated) ... but I was only doing 65 mph the whole way and being very eco conscious
I made that drive one time about year and a half ago and noticed I was getting insane fuel economy. I’m pretty sure that is a downhill drive.

I had a 2016 LX sedan and used the Hankooks for about 40k miles. I thought they were fine.

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
I made that drive one time about year and a half ago and noticed I was getting insane fuel economy. I’m pretty sure that is a downhill drive.

I had a 2016 LX sedan and used the Hankooks for about 40k miles. I thought they were fine.
Yeah who knows ... but it was nice to get those numbers ... my current tires are stickier and mpg has dropped considerably
Sponsored