OEM floor mats are CHEAP!

Emig5m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe / 2004 Ford Lightning
Country flag
No need to overpay for long lasting floor mats. I just buy these and then swap them from vehicle to vehicle (they cost under $20).

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM floor mats are CHEAP! CLD_700_16-MatRenew-RubberFloorMatCleaner

I like how they have real deep cleats that hold water, dirt, and pebbles on the mat. I typically take them out and spray them with Fantastik Heavy Duty, lightly mist with water, and then scrub with a plastic bristle scrub brush and rinse when I wash the car. The set I have in my truck I've had since 2002 and they've been through four trucks and still look new when cleaned. The set in my car has been through three cars and still look brand new. Weather Techs IMO are too expensive for what you get and I feel as much as they get praised that there's a lot of company shilling going on the internet because they aren't that great for the price IMO. My boss has them in his truck and I like my cheaper ones better (softer feel, deeper cleats, and much cheaper)

I use them all season because I'm OCD with wearing shoes on carpet. Shoes have never been worn on my carpet in my home, carpet gets real nasty when shoes are worn on it. Those rubber/plastic mats don't absorb dirt and moister like a fabric would. Even in the summer you're bound to walk on dirt or in the rain at some point. Might as well protect your carpet all the time.

But speaking of the stock mats, the Civic's are garbage. The stock carpet mats in my 2004 F150 has a very thick and luxurious feel to them (and they're very heavy). But I still use the mats pictured above to keep the carpet clean (I have them in grey for the truck to match the interior and black for the car - they also make them in clear).
Sponsored

Last edited:

HRC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Step 2 McLaren 570S
I had a huge tear in the drivers side floormat of my 6MT Accord Sport Sedan, from the heel of my left foot operating the clutch. The tear started being prominent within 6 months and I am a pretty light weekend only driver. As mine was a lease, the end of lease inspector came out and said “don’t worry about this, it’s 100% normal for these things to fall apart in the first year.” Needless to say for my new Si, I just swapped in mats I put on top of OE mats from the Accord.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
I saw a Sport Hatchback with HFP floor mats that seemed to be more durable. Anybody have any thoughts on the HFP floor mats?
Sponsored