TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I was shopping around for some CF emblems, but just personally I wasn't really about the lead time on some companies. Found a company on Instagram called Carbon Sixth Element. Checked out his photos, had a convo with him and decided on a set. Ordered 2 weeks ago and received today. They came out phenomenal. I don't have a photo on my tablet of them but I will upload one from my phone.
My point to this thread was as the title states, I have heard a good prying and some dental floss to remove the front emblem is the way to go. Any other advice and pointers I would love to take. How do I remove the rear emblem though? Havent seen much talk about that! Thanks!
Sponsored

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
I always heat the emblems up with a hair dryer first. It softens the adhesive a bit behind the emblems but does make the emblems themselves quite hot to the touch! I’m referring to the CIVIC emblem, not the H badge. I don’t have experience with that though I’d imagine it’s similar. Post pics!!!

OP
OP
TypeRNY

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Gotta get a good pic with the sun, gonna wait until lunch time when it gets a little nicer here today and Ill get some photos up. Gonna install after work as well.

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
If you are removing the front red "H" Emblem, it has two posts with retaining clips on them. You can either snap them off while trying to get the emblem off with heat and/or floss or snip them off from the back if you can gain access.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
there are 2 posts coming out from the emblem with a retaining pin that holds it to the grille. It's not just double sided taped on there from factory.

like the guy above me said, just break the 2 pins off or break off the retaining pin and then remove it.

as for the rear, i believe it doesn't have any retaining pins on it but just 2 posts. I'm not 100% sure on that though.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Front is impossible to remove without breaking it, been there done that lol.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Looking to upgrade my front grille:

https://www.procivic.com/p/m/civic/pro-design-honeycomb-performance-mesh-grille.html

I have sifted through a few other threads but did not find a quick answer. Has anybody re-used their red 'H' emblem after upgrading their grille? I know it is a bit easier to take off the emblem when replacing the grille since you have to remove the bumper anyways. I am hoping that it can be re-used in this instance, with some new adhesive.

I know the 'Type R' emblem is somewhat integrated into the OEM grille (it can be removed but it sits on a raised black piece of plastic that is not included on the new grille). I assume the Type R emblem can't be re-used on the new grille.

OP
OP
TypeRNY

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Looking to upgrade my front grille:

https://www.procivic.com/p/m/civic/pro-design-honeycomb-performance-mesh-grille.html

I have sifted through a few other threads but did not find a quick answer. Has anybody re-used their red 'H' emblem after upgrading their grille? I know it is a bit easier to take off the emblem when replacing the grille since you have to remove the bumper anyways. I am hoping that it can be re-used in this instance, with some new adhesive.

I know the 'Type R' emblem is somewhat integrated into the OEM grille (it can be removed but it sits on a raised black piece of plastic that is not included on the new grille). I assume the Type R emblem can't be re-used on the new grille.
Depending on the grill you end up with it may be interchangable. I know that the main difference youll come across is size. For example, the 2020 CTR grill uses a smaller H emblem then the 2019 and older CTR's so when buying the grill you would have to buy the proper emblem too.
The emblem in itself is totally reusable. Remove the excess tape on the back, reapply, and reinstall.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Depending on the grill you end up with it may be interchangable. I know that the main difference youll come across is size. For example, the 2020 CTR grill uses a smaller H emblem then the 2019 and older CTR's so when buying the grill you would have to buy the proper emblem too.
The emblem in itself is totally reusable. Remove the excess tape on the back, reapply, and reinstall.

I want to get the one in the link I included, it looks like it is the same size

slw_as_fk.8

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Pearl Civic Type R
Country flag
I recently took off the front and rear emblem and I found the front to be way easier to take off. Like what others have mentioned I would definitely heat up the emblems throughly to soften the adhesive as both have a ton. Just be careful with the rear as the paint is really soft and be patient with the removal. I took a chunk off the rear when my pry tool slipped. Had to touch it up but still noticeable if u look closely.
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Emblem Removal 3B40A282-961D-4568-ABD2-AB98F0FDE1D0
Sponsored