1.5T OEM CTR exhaust on a 1.5T hatchback sport?

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this a straight swap? I've done a bit of reading and I know I have to trim the rear garnish a bit. I don't know exactly where but I know I do. But Is everything else just a straight swap? Meaning, I can still use all the existing bolts, mounting points/brackets, etc? If someone could show me where I need to trim, that would be great too.
Sponsored

Digity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport-16 Pilot-90 K5 Blazer
Country flag
Is this a straight swap? I've done a bit of reading and I know I have to trim the rear garnish a bit. I don't know exactly where but I know I do. But Is everything else just a straight swap? Meaning, I can still use all the existing bolts, mounting points/brackets, etc? If someone could show me where I need to trim, that would be great too.
Yes I recently did this. It is a direct swap. Only issue is the type r exhaust has a front resonator which your current one does not. Some folks remove the existing bracket under your car to clear this. I chose not to and just had the resonator removed/replaced with tubing.

This still leaves you with the larger main resonator. Other than that all hangers match up

As far as trimming I just trimmed along one of the outline edges my diffuser

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM CTR exhaust on a 1.5T hatchback sport? 09143EA9-429C-4C7C-91C2-08E4EDC6ABDA

OP
OP
DaiLo

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes I recently did this. It is a direct swap. Only issue is the type r exhaust has a front resonator which your current one does not. Some folks remove the existing bracket under your car to clear this. I chose not to and just had the resonator removed/replaced with tubing.

This still leaves you with the larger main resonator. Other than that all hangers match up

As far as trimming I just trimmed along one of the outline edges my diffuser

09143EA9-429C-4C7C-91C2-08E4EDC6ABDA.jpeg
How does it sound? Did you try with the resonator on and off? Or did you remove it before installing?

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
How does it sound? Did you try with the resonator on and off? Or did you remove it before installing?
It's pretty quiet with the stock dp. With a catless dp it still very tame, just alil bit louder with no drone and little burbles you can hear every now and then. I ended up changing the exhaust tips for something more subtle than those huge oem tips. A couple months ago I had the the rear section of the exhaust swapped out with a different muffler for more sound. It's modular so I can swap from quiet mode to something louder when I want to hear some noise.
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM CTR exhaust on a 1.5T hatchback sport? Screenshot_20201024-233227__01
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM CTR exhaust on a 1.5T hatchback sport? Screenshot_20201024-233219__01

Digity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport-16 Pilot-90 K5 Blazer
Country flag
I did not. It’s pretty small so I just deleted it thinking if anything I’d get a little better flow. As far as sound it’s a little louder but in deeper tone on cold starts. But pretty quite which is what I wanted because I will be doing down pipe soon.

Hoping that will give me the sound I want. Not looking for a loud sound.

ElGateKeeper

First Name
Ulises
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
I installed it on my 2020 hatch sport, completely stock. Sounded louder and I’d say a bit of drone. Then I removed the small resonator, little less drone. not so much sound, only on cold start and under 1500 rpms you can hear little pops due to the tips of the mufflers. Proceeded to remove the second resonator (larger one). Some drone on highway when 2500rpm - 3000rpm.
Installed PRL cold air street maf. Sound didn’t change much lower rpms but did a bit at higher. Tsp stage 1, sounds amazing on map 2. Map 3 clutch slips a lot.basically gives you some exhaust sounds and won’t get you pulled over.

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM CTR exhaust on a 1.5T hatchback sport? 4B10796E-881D-4964-858C-FFCBC8250CA0
Sponsored