OEM Black Lug nut solution for OEM CTR wheels. Cheap, Light!

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
The Ridgeline black edition, black lug nuts (new for 2020) are available. Previous black edition Ridgelines had chrome lug nuts. This is the first black OEM lug nut in M14x1.5 that is not an accessory lug nut.

Part number: 90304-T6Z-A01

Cost: ~$2.25 / nut ($45 per set!!!).

Weight: (SAVE 1 POUND!) 2.5 lbs for all 20 vs. 3.5 lbs for OEM Chrome lug nuts. The lug nuts are 7mm shorter than the OEM nuts. They still have enough length to have clearance to the end of the wheel bolt when installed, no concern.

This black lug nut still uses a 22mm socket, like OEM Chrome nuts. So, these are still a very tight fit for NSX wheels. I still recommend a lug nut of your choice from my NSX lug nut solution thread that features nuts that use a 19mm socket.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/lug-nut-solution-for-nsx-oem-wheels-solved.42281/

Enjoy!

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Black Lug nut solution for OEM CTR wheels. Cheap, Light! 90304-T6Z-A01 Ridgeline Black edition black nut

Stock CTR lug on left, Black edition Ridgeline nut on right.
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Black Lug nut solution for OEM CTR wheels. Cheap, Light! Stock vs Ridge lug 01
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Black Lug nut solution for OEM CTR wheels. Cheap, Light! Stock vs Ridge lug 02

OP
OP
HRace

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Thanks for posting a picture. They look great! When the Accord sports come with black lug nuts and the Type R doesn’t, that’s just wrong! Glad there’s a cheap solution now. You got them quick. Others have been told they are on back order. Interesting.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for posting a picture. They look great! When the Accord sports come with black lug nuts and the Type R doesn’t, that’s just wrong! Glad there’s a cheap solution now. You got them quick. Others have been told they are on back order. Interesting.
I don't think mine are the Ridgeline. Notice mine are flat tops not round and shaped like the stock chrome or Ridgeline ones. I asked for the 2020 Type R Black Upgrade lugs and they came in 4 packs from the dealer when I bought the 1st Honda carbon fiber scoop to be installed.

I think I still have the invoice about somewhere. I'll see if they have the correct ones there was a pack like the Ridgeline that wasn't long enough and they accidentally gave me that pack and they took it back to parts and swapped it for the ones I have.

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I don't think mine are the Ridgeline. Notice mine are flat tops not round and shaped like the stock chrome or Ridgeline ones. I asked for the 2020 Type R Black Upgrade lugs and they came in 4 packs from the dealer when I bought the 1st Honda carbon fiber scoop to be installed.

I think I still have the invoice about somewhere. I'll see if they have the correct ones there was a pack like the Ridgeline that wasn't long enough and they accidentally gave me that pack and they took it back to parts and swapped it for the ones I have.
Yes, please post the part number. I've been wondering if it's the same # as the passport/pilot/ridgeline ones

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
It still boggles my mind how this could be obtained for $45 for the whole car's set, when Honda (Dealership online part stores) sells black lugs for the other models for $36 for a set of 4... making it about $9 per nut.

Even with the ~$60 locking nuts (a set of 4 locking nuts), it's still ~$100. Cheaper than a lot of options out there.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It still boggles my mind how this could be obtained for $45 for the whole car's set, when Honda (Dealership online part stores) sells black lugs for the other models for $36 for a set of 4... making it about $9 per nut.

Even with the ~$60 locking nuts (a set of 4 locking nuts), it's still ~$100. Cheaper than a lot of options out there.
It’s $45-50 for 4 lugs x 5 = $225 to $250 per full set + tax thru Honda. It’s a little more for the 4 wheel locks but that messes up the whole flow adding locks.

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Black Lug nut solution for OEM CTR wheels. Cheap, Light! E44E1603-4FF1-44E9-8726-E46A61F764D8

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can try https://www.ohiohondaparts.com/ a little cheaper but their shipping is harsh. You can get them at your dealership cheaper depending where you are and if they have them. For example I would have saved $12 waiting on them without free install, and shipping to CA from OH shows $277 for the set.

OP
OP
HRace

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
The difference is wether the part is an OEM Honda part actually sold on the car as assembled from the factory or an accessory part that’s dealer installed. The T6Z part number is a standard Ridgeline lug nut that is installed at the factory. The TG7 part that VTEC R listed is a Honda accessory for the Pilot. Generally the accessory parts are marked up much higher. This is a great example of that.

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
You can try https://www.ohiohondaparts.com/ a little cheaper but their shipping is harsh. You can get them at your dealership cheaper depending where you are and if they have them. For example I would have saved $12 waiting on them without free install, and shipping to CA from OH shows $277 for the set.
I've been quoted by a Texas-based dealership nearby that has an online parts store. They would have to charge me what it cost them online + shipping, no discount if I buy online + pick up. Online parts store is a mess like that. They pad the shipping to recoup the cost I guess, even if it only cost them $5 to ship simple small parts as a company.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The difference is wether the part is an OEM Honda part actually sold on the car as assembled from the factory or an accessory part that’s dealer installed. The T6Z part number is a standard Ridgeline lug nut that is installed at the factory. The TG7 part that VTEC R listed is a Honda accessory for the Pilot. Generally the accessory parts are marked up much higher. This is a great example of that.
Well they look much better as an accessory than the factory design, and they don't mark like they do on the factory black OEM Chrome / black ones either. Shows as a Type R upgrade on Ohio parts also, they aren't going to make them 5 x the price for no reason. under $200 for any set of quality lugs isn't a bad price.

See how these look all pitted and rough the accessories ones I have flat faced and are a very smooth finish. I'd assume they are higher quality sets.

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Black Lug nut solution for OEM CTR wheels. Cheap, Light! Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 11.25.50 PM
Sponsored

Last edited: