Si2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I haven’t heard much about that kit. Similar to the 27won kit as it has 2 piece rotors. The biggest issue with the rl brakes is fitment with your wheels. I have a full conversion kit with new seals and parts for sale in the classified section. All you need to add is rotors and pads be under 500 for a BBK.
Sponsored

Sharpedge300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 civic si
Hello,

I was wondering if there is anyone running the Lexus LS430 caliper. I am having some issue with fitment with the Fastbrakes RL conversion kit. Almost everything fits well however, the caliper will not bolt up to the conversion bracket. Is there anyone that is getting ready to put on RL calipers that wouldn't mind measuring the distance from mounting bolt to mounting bolt?

I saw that Hondanickx put on the LS430 calipers on with no problem so I'm cofussed why mine will not work.

Thanks for your assistance
Sharp

Jakupdoesnt

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello,

I was wondering if there is anyone running the Lexus LS430 caliper. I am having some issue with fitment with the Fastbrakes RL conversion kit. Almost everything fits well however, the caliper will not bolt up to the conversion bracket. Is there anyone that is getting ready to put on RL calipers that wouldn't mind measuring the distance from mounting bolt to mounting bolt?

I saw that Hondanickx put on the LS430 calipers on with no problem so I'm cofussed why mine will not work.

Sharp
I know this is going to sound really really stupid but did you flip the bolt? I had the EXACT same issue and I bolted my crap backwards and it wouldn’t reach with the fast brakes adapter. If anything DM me jakupdoesnt on Instagram and I’ll try to help

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello,

Sharp
I never put on the ls 430calipers.Fastbrakes needed to make a adapter for it and I purchased a used caliper for him to make a adapter bracket.The LS 430 caliper has a different offset and bolt spacing then the rl caliper.
I would use the LS430 caliper over the rl .They are much cheaper and are monoblocks.

Sharpedge300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 civic si
I see. I misunderstood your pictures and your post on the first page.

I reach out to Fastbrakes and he confirmed that they have a different bolt spacing. I don't think he has plans to make the ls bracket from the tone of the email.

I test fitted the setup and everything seem like it would work with some minor modifications to the knuckle. I didn't see any issue with the offset. I did cut down and ground smooth the dowel.

I am going to head down to a local machine shop and see if they can manufacture these for me.
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM BBK: Acura RL 4 piston brake calipers 20220224_095910

CWIIIFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag
I never put on the ls 430calipers.Fastbrakes needed to make a adapter for it and I purchased a used caliper for him to make a adapter bracket.The LS 430 caliper has a different offset and bolt spacing then the rl caliper.
I would use the LS430 caliper over the rl .They are much cheaper and are monoblocks.
Did the LS430 brackets from FastBrakes ever come to fruition?

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did the LS430 brackets from FastBrakes ever come to fruition?
Back then, he was making them or test fitting them because they where interesting for him to sell /make.
I haven't asked him about the brackets again, so you would have to contact him and ask.

Dawsfc3

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Has anyone use RL calipers for a track day? Looking for some insight on the brake feeling.

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
brakes went on today… no hang ups in fitment in terms of bolting everything on and getting it set. the pads needed a little persuasion but once they were in they fit perfect. wheels fit with no spacers (18x9.5 +38), but that’s due to the spoke shape. as far as how the brakes feel, they feel fantastic, super smooth and not touchy like the factory pedal. you’ll feel it once you really stand on it. only thing i need to touch up is panting the hubs black as the red overspray from my old brakes is a bit of an eyesore. overall a great kit for the money and the ideal setup if all you want from a BBK is the looks and bling factor.

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM BBK: Acura RL 4 piston brake calipers 32D54F2C-9E39-4FDC-8FE3-C83C8A5B7F2D

Xerocide

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2006 Mazdaspeed6
For any that have attempted/completed the LS430 caliper upgrade - What adapter did you use or did you have one made? I'm in the process of doing this upgrade myself

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
update after about a week of having the brakes and painting the hubs black… they look fantastic behind the TE’s. pedal still feels nice and smooth, no squealing or noise from pads. 10/10 would definitely recommend this BBK upgrade for anybody looking to improve performance and looks for a very reasonable price.

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM BBK: Acura RL 4 piston brake calipers 1F4594DB-864F-466E-BB2A-255B32903D61

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
update after about a week of having the brakes and painting the hubs black… they look fantastic behind the TE’s. pedal still feels nice and smooth, no squealing or noise from pads. 10/10 would definitely recommend this BBK upgrade for anybody looking to improve performance and looks for a very reasonable price.
Thanks for sharing your feedback. How's the pedal feel compared to stock? Is it noticeably stiffer with the fixed caliper vs floating? I don't really like the limited options with brake pads but at least Carbotech and Porterfield offer some choices.

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for sharing your feedback. How's the pedal feel compared to stock? Is it noticeably stiffer with the fixed caliper vs floating? I don't really like the limited options with brake pads but at least Carbotech and Porterfield offer some choices.
pedal is much more smooth and nowhere near as touchy. this is probably due to the fluid having to clamp 4 pistons rather than one big one. braking doesn't feel intense until you stand on the pedal and then you really feel the extra bite from the kit. pads are fine for me, i just went with Acura RL ceramic pads by R1 concepts, light dust and no squeal was all i asked for out of pads and those get the job done.

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to revive a dead post but will a 15mm wheel spacer with oem Hatchback Sport touring wheel sit i flush with this setup or do i still need a a 20mm wheel spacer?
Sponsored