OE 2020+ cooling on track - more data

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Course I have data, and I'm not claiming anything lol, just providing information without trying to sell any product, I have experience with many brands, I can recommend brands, but the point of the post I believe is provide information regarding cooling of 2020 on track.
Hey bud we're waiting for you to post your data.

I'd love to see your data that has a comprehensive breakdown of on-track cooling with:

C&R Race radiator
C&R Street radiator
Koyo Radiator with "more air flow"

I appreciate you backing up your claims and not just using "internet science" to try to tell people like Fatherpain they're wrong.
Sponsored

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
Course I have data, and I'm not claiming anything lol, just providing information without trying to sell any product, I have experience with many brands, I can recommend brands, but the point of the post I believe is provide information regarding cooling of 2020 on track.
Tick tock tick tock. Show us that data mah boy.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
The OP mentioned in his first post that the engine started pulling power. We really need to know if this was done by the computer due to engine temps or whether it was an issue with intake air temps. The fixes for each may be quite different.

OP, did you actually get in to limp mode?

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
5CCF9574-006F-43F3-9FC2-8FBB8C186340.png

Yes that is the ICB/J’s Racing hood. Same as this :)

Varis also has a nice hood that should perform similarly :)
Does anybody make a version of this without the bulge over the intake? I really need the hood to be symmetrical.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen OE 2020+ cooling on track - more data 2F9103D8-0B96-4E59-AB5D-4F7246126820

Unfortunately no, don’t believe so. Was hesitant at first but have grown used to the look. I like that it’s also used on Honda’s HPD/TCR cars.

Can always balance it out with an equally unsymmetrical front license plate holder ;)

The Varis hood is symmetrical and another good choice.

Does anybody make a version of this without the bulge over the intake? I really need the hood to be symmetrical.

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Neon SRT4, 2014 Hyundai Elantra, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Question guys, I'm very strongly considering a tcr style vented hood for better cooling next season, but I live in the snow belt, how practical is it to run year round?

I like the look but do worry about snow and water invading the engine bay. I'll probably pick one up regardless but I'm wondering if it'll be one of those things I pop on pre track day and remove for daily duty.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Question guys, I'm very strongly considering a tcr style vented hood for better cooling next season, but I live in the snow belt, how practical is it to run year round?

I like the look but do worry about snow and water invading the engine bay. I'll probably pick one up regardless but I'm wondering if it'll be one of those things I pop on pre track day and remove for daily duty.
I don't have issues with my Varis hood when it rains.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The J’s hood has an optional rain guard that works really well. Pretty sure Varis has the same.

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Neon SRT4, 2014 Hyundai Elantra, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Nice! I'll likely go with whatever one is cheaper plus rainguards, on the stock tune I was seeing like 60 to 70% temp gauge after a lap and a half.

It didn't happen until I went to 18s and 265s, I think on the 20 inch rims I was just too slow.

Right now my vague plan is to try this C&R street rad if the hood and it's improved heat extraction doesn't do it.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
It shows the ECT, in track the temps was 220F~230F with my setup, and the other person who posted data has similar setup, same radiator but I think he has lower ECT I don't remember, I have too search it
Sponsored