MatT3T4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R, 2018 MBZ S450, 2005 Lexus GX470
Country flag
I did a cursory search and didn't really see anything that compares, so here goes. Help me, suspension wizards!

Two weekends ago I had my Eibach Pro Kit installed on my FK8. Right after that, I put on some 18x8.5 Slipstreams, and some 255/40/18 Yokohamas. At freeway speeds around 70mph, I would receive some very light haptic feedback from the steering wheel, and maybe the chassis a little bit. Not shimmy or shaking, but a very low vibration, very low. And it comes and goes in bursts. So I will feel it and think I am kind of hearing it (sounds like a low vacuum if that makes sense) for a few seconds, then it goes away, then it comes back, repeat repeat repeat.

Last weekend I had an SPC camber kit installed on the rear and fixed the camber somewhat. It seems like it has perhaps gone down some, but it is still there. I will be getting an alignment this week, but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MatT3T4

MatT3T4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Supposedly, but I will likely swing by the tire shop today to inquire and check.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did a cursory search and didn't really see anything that compares, so here goes. Help me, suspension wizards!

Two weekends ago I had my Eibach Pro Kit installed on my FK8. Right after that, I put on some 18x8.5 Slipstreams, and some 255/40/18 Yokohamas. At freeway speeds around 70mph, I would receive some very light haptic feedback from the steering wheel, and maybe the chassis a little bit. Not shimmy or shaking, but a very low vibration, very low. And it comes and goes in bursts. So I will feel it and think I am kind of hearing it (sounds like a low vacuum if that makes sense) for a few seconds, then it goes away, then it comes back, repeat repeat repeat.

Last weekend I had an SPC camber kit installed on the rear and fixed the camber somewhat. It seems like it has perhaps gone down some, but it is still there. I will be getting an alignment this week, but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
sooo.... Rota Slipstreams...they make those in 5x120?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
oh, as for the stuff that is happening...did you or a shop do the install...did they by chance pull the shaft out by mistake, and possibly mess something up when they try to put it back in?

OP
OP
MatT3T4

MatT3T4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Haha yeah, they make them in 5x120. Hard to find, but yeah. I’m going to cruise by the shop tomorrow and have them take a look.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
I would make sure the wheels and tires are road force balanced, not just regular balance.
Sponsored