First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRZ Limited 6 Speed
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had a Dasaita px5 headunit for a little over a year and everything has worked great but within the last few weeks if I lock or unlock the doors using the power locks the audio cuts out and won't come back till the car is restarted. The same thing happens when you open the door with the doors in the locked position because it triggers the power locks to unlock the passenger door. If anyone has had this issue and knows how to fix it or just knows the solution that would be great. The car is a 2019 civic coupe lx.
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I'm just guessing. But I wonder if the 'surge' or sudden draw of power from the lock actuators is tripping your stereo into some sort of protection mode. This may be simply muting the speakers to avoid a loud thump from damaging them. Does this happen at high volume only or all volumes? And did you connect the power and ground for the stereo to the factory connectors?

OP
OP
jsharon

jsharon

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRZ Limited 6 Speed
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm just guessing. But I wonder if the 'surge' or sudden draw of power from the lock actuators is tripping your stereo into some sort of protection mode. This may be simply muting the speakers to avoid a loud thump from damaging them. Does this happen at high volume only or all volumes? And did you connect the power and ground for the stereo to the factory connectors?
I used provided adaptors so everything was plug and play. It came with a canbus so my headunit can talk to the Honda sensing and the center screen on the dash. It will cut sound at any volume even when muted. It's definitely not the buttons. actuator is tripping it because when I roll and the doors auto lock it cuts sound. I haven't tried pulling my battery yet which will be my next thing I try. I was thinking the canbus plugged into the head unit and the car might need a cold power off. Everything is wired correctly since i had no issues for months this is definitely a hardware/ software issue.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I just read another post on another board where the turn signal was crashing the unit. That makes me think it has to do with the CANBUS stuff. There was a suggestion to change a setting. Most of this software interface stuff gives me a headache. But here's the post. It starts about halfway down. Maybe it will lead you somewhere useful. Good luck.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...cu-updates-rockchip-px5-octa-t3575155/page125
Sponsored