poolecw

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Ok guys, try this one on for size.

I have a 2016 Civic EX with 44k miles on it. This morning, I noticed several electrical related issues. They must be associated with each other as I haven't had any problems before now and these all happened at once.. I will most likely contact the dealer but didn't know if the things are the symptoms of something simple like a fuse. This happened right before work, so I haven't been able to dig into it.

Here they are:
1. Turn indicator not working

2. gauge cluster is not lighting up
a. The engine temp and fuel tank gauges are completely blacked out.
b. The larger RPM and mph gauges are very dim

3. The buttons on the left side of my steering wheel do not work
a. This includes Vol, radio source, and information buttons

4. The Start/Stop button does not work properly
a. Pressing the Start/Stop button once causes it to start blinking
b. A second press of the Start/Stop button does cut the engine off
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Ok guys, try this one on for size.

I have a 2016 Civic EX with 44k miles on it. This morning, I noticed several electrical related issues. They must be associated with each other as I haven't had any problems before now and these all happened at once.. I will most likely contact the dealer but didn't know if the things are the symptoms of something simple like a fuse. This happened right before work, so I haven't been able to dig into it.

Here they are:
1. Turn indicator not working

2. gauge cluster is not lighting up
a. The engine temp and fuel tank gauges are completely blacked out.
b. The larger RPM and mph gauges are very dim

3. The buttons on the left side of my steering wheel do not work
a. This includes Vol, radio source, and information buttons

4. The Start/Stop button does not work properly
a. Pressing the Start/Stop button once causes it to start blinking
b. A second press of the Start/Stop button does cut the engine off
Have you tried disconnecting the battery, waiting 5 minutes, then reconnecting it? Something similar happened to my old Civic and that fixed it.

OP
OP

poolecw

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Have you tried disconnecting the battery, waiting 5 minutes, then reconnecting it? Something similar happened to my old Civic and that fixed it.

No, not yet. I had to get to work.....but will try it this aftrrnoon.

Last edited:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If that doesn't work, sounds like a big electrical problem. Not good as you are out of warranty. Prepare to get bent over if you have to take it in.

OP
OP

poolecw

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
If that doesn't work, sounds like a big electrical problem. Not good as you are out of warranty. Prepare to get bent over if you have to take it in.
At lunch, I took it out and there was no problems like there was this morning. It has been running fine all throughout lunch. Still, I'm concerned if this is something that made pop up again. As for warranty, the manufacturing warranty is out however I purchased a hundred thousand mile warranty that should cover everything.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
At lunch, I took it out and there was no problems like there was this morning. It has been running fine all throughout lunch. Still, I'm concerned if this is something that made pop up again. As for warranty, the manufacturing warranty is out however I purchased a hundred thousand mile warranty that should cover everything.
The car was able to start while all of these issues were occurring? If so, did it crank normally, or did it seem sluggish?

Another issue I had with an Acura was that a low battery caused the headlights and dash lights to blink rapidly, but the car didn't start.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Oh yeah these are all symptoms of a bad battery.
Go to autozone and have them check your battery out

vikz99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2015 Honda Pilot EX-L, 2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo
Country flag
record all the symptoms and take pictures!

OP
OP

poolecw

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX

Thanks. That describes my issue exactly. It has only happened once and I didn't think to video it. If it occurs agsin, I eill video and take to my dealer. I have an extended warranty, so I should be covered.

I wonder how widespread of a problem this is.

Brdkey

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Yo . I have the similar issu . Mine was android auto USB port stopped. 3 days later wouldn't start. Bought new battery and still having trouble. I have to jump it if I wanna go anywhere. Last time I took it to get dinner I had no buttons on left side of steering wheel working, usb port out and auto headlights not working. Once I cut the engine and immediately tried to start it wouldn't turn over. Batt is around 10.5 to 11 volts. Ugh. Going to dealer tomorrow.

thenightshift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
What ended up happening with this issue? I had a dealer to a hard restart by un-doing the battery to my 2016 Civic Touring which did get things back to normal but a month later I'm back with a similar problem. Out of warranty of course and trying to figure out what in the heck is going on, hoping that it's a fuse because this time around, the dash works but the steering. wheel buttons don't work, the turn signals light up but the camera doesn't auto trigger, and the interior night time lights don't turn on.
Sponsored