o2 Disable for HFC DP?

armenls1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey guys, probably a subject beaten to death but I didn't find a direct response to my question. I recently got an Invidia HFC DP installed and wanted to know if you still need to tick the "disable o2" option in Hondata? The Invidia DP is a 200cel HFC. I ran the car 2 times at WOT without uploading the Hondata map and got the p0420 code. Just wanted to make sure it's upload map and disable 2nd o2 or no need?

Thanks!
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, go ahead and disable it.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Cool, does it affect anything by disabling it? I know it's not a AFR or anything but does it hinder any important information for the ECU?
I'm not 100% on what all the O2 sensor is used for, but..

There's a box specifically for disabling P0420, use that and not the checkbox for disabling the O2 sensor altogether.

Last edited:

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is odd, couple thousand miles on my AFE catted no defouler and no CEL.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
The secondary o2 sensor is mostly used for check the status of the catalytic converter , that is why the sensor is located in between of the dual catalytic converter (OEM cat) or right after the aftermarket cat, if the location of the secondary o2 sensor is too far from the primary sensor the readings will be too slow and it will take like there is a problem with the catalytic converter. That is the reason some aftermarket downpipe produce errors and others doesn't, you need to take in consideration the secondary o2 sensor location.
The secondary 02 sensor compare the readings vs the primary , if the secondary the response is too slow you will have error code. You can disable the code permanently with any tuning device ( Hondata or Ktuner)

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The secondary o2 sensor is mostly used for check the status of the catalytic converter , that is why the sensor is located in between of the dual catalytic converter (OEM cat) or right after the aftermarket cat, if the location of the secondary o2 sensor is too far from the primary sensor the readings will be too slow and it will take like there is a problem with the catalytic converter. That is the reason some aftermarket downpipe produce errors and others doesn't, you need to take in consideration the secondary o2 sensor location.
The secondary 02 sensor compare the readings vs the primary , if the secondary the response is too slow you will have error code. You can disable the code permanently with any tuning device ( Hondata or Ktuner)
*takes notes*

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I never got a P0420 code with my 27WON catted DP, but P0139 did pop up quite frequently in the winter (never in warmer weather). I went ahead and disabled that one also.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Apparently if you disable the CEL, your emissions system will show as "not ready" which = fail also.
Lame, I wanted a catless DP but I also want to pass inspection. Always thought the disabled CEL fixed that. Guess not.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Lame, I wanted a catless DP but I also want to pass inspection. Always thought the disabled CEL fixed that. Guess not.
This is just what I've heard from others, it may vary state to state? Luckily they scrapped e-test in Ontario.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Disabled = Not ready and at least in GA you will not pass.

That is what I went AFE, they will not throw a CEL and do not need a defouler.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Apparently if you disable the CEL, your emissions system will show as "not ready" which = fail also.
I'm not 100% on this but isn't that only the case if you fully disable the secondary O2 and not just the CEL itself?
Sponsored