First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fairport my good sir. Grew up in Fairport, lived in Penfield, Webster, moved to NJ for about 6 years a while back then moved back here about 5 years ago and I am back in Fairport. Where did you live here?
Amherst St downtown, near Oxfords.Then Penfield, Spencerport, Fairport, Canandaigua, Victor, then In Buffalo.
Started off in 2000 when I went to Brockport for college.
Know WNY very well.
Sponsored

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Right on. After some time in NJ I learned I love this area. And Wegmans...

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
maybe you will have to make the trip for a log cabin night lol

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Currently living in Rochester, but about to sell the house and move to NC in ~July. Unfortunately I have a commitment on the 8th that prevents me from going to HDay. I don't really know of any other big meets like that but I would be looking to do something in May/June before moving gets hectic.

Seems like I've struggled to find people on the forum here as well, in 2+ years I think I've met 2 or 3 people from the forum outside of buying/selling anything.

OP
OP
Jason Baker

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah right. Makes me think “meet” people just don’t use the forum.

Anyways, I’ll keep bumping.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah right. Makes me think “meet” people just don’t use the forum.

Anyways, I’ll keep bumping.
To be fair, depending on what your definition of "meet people" are I would say you're spot on. The vast majority on the forum here are detail oriented DIY'ers looking to find or share info about modding or repairing these cars. I would stand to argue that most of the user base is "professional" in one way or another and the content they contribute tends to follow suit.

Unfortunately I hate to say it but over the past 2 years I've come to accept the car scene is pretty toxic in general and I just don't expect much from anyone I meet IRL. I don't think I would use the word "professional" to describe more than 2 people I've met over the last 2 years.

And honestly I think part of it is how this section of the forum gets like no attention. It's like one post a month in the Tri-State section. I feel like most of the time when I check it, the most recent thread is the same one I saw 3 weeks ago.

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
To be fair, depending on what your definition of "meet people" are I would say you're spot on. The vast majority on the forum here are detail oriented DIY'ers looking to find or share info about modding or repairing these cars. I would stand to argue that most of the user base is "professional" in one way or another and the content they contribute tends to follow suit.

Unfortunately I hate to say it but over the past 2 years I've come to accept the car scene is pretty toxic in general and I just don't expect much from anyone I meet IRL. I don't think I would use the word "professional" to describe more than 2 people I've met over the last 2 years.

And honestly I think part of it is how this section of the forum gets like no attention. It's like one post a month in the Tri-State section. I feel like most of the time when I check it, the most recent thread is the same one I saw 3 weeks ago.

Agreed. I believe I am one of the few who did actually meet you at log cabin a while back though!

OP
OP
Jason Baker

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ahhhh the Log Cabin. Such vivid memories.
I miss the cabin and Wegmans very much.
I guess I’m still trying to find my “cabin” out in eastern NY.
Time will tell.
Sponsored