aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I was watching an episode of The Grand Tour last night and they had a new NSX, in white. I've been keeping an eye on the NSX as I've always been a fan, but I didn't realize how similar the new NSX was to my new white Si Coupe, just squashed down a bit. I had the show paused and my girlfriend glances over at the tv and asks if that was my car...

You guys see it?
Sponsored

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
You must have a coupe. The NSX has a prettier butt.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not really... but there is some brand language that carries over.

I don't think there is the difference between Acura and Honda that existed some years ago. I test drove an RSX against a 7th gen Civic (both used at the time) and, to me the RSX was *vastly* superior and got the K20A2. I don't think Acura as a brand has much allure to it and their product line had stagnated, IMO. Bringing the NSX back as a Halo car might get some more people in the dealerships.

OP
OP
aighead

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Haha! So I'm the only one! I don't think it's identical, just was surprised to see what looks to me like similar lines. Richard Hammond said something along the lines of its not much different than driving a civic.

jaydubz79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I was watching an episode of The Grand Tour last night and they had a new NSX, in white. I've been keeping an eye on the NSX as I've always been a fan, but I didn't realize how similar the new NSX was to my new white Si Coupe, just squashed down a bit. I had the show paused and my girlfriend glances over at the tv and asks if that was my car...

You guys see it?
From a design perspective I can see where you are coming from. There are certain design characteristics that seem to imply shared DNA, especially within the coupe.

polished1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Country flag
I have a white coupe and I definitely see similarities with the NSX. I'll be copying it's style choices after this winter by wrapping the roof and spoiler black, and painting rims black.

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300

You guys see it?
Honda Civic 10th gen NSX and SI Coupe honda-civic-si-coupe-prototype-rear-bumper

Honda Civic 10th gen NSX and SI Coupe 856238

I see similar design language...round and edgy.