Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
who are you? you probably should have stayed on topic. and he asked a question, then proceeds to tell us all how great lightweight pulley are. They aren't ask any tuner worth his while and you will see. Im not armchairing anything
What the hell are you talking about? I never mentioned ANYTHING about how great pulleys are. As a matter of fact, I wasn't even recommending it. I don't need to ask a tuner anything since I've been running lightweight pulleys years and years.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What the hell are you talking about? I never mentioned ANYTHING about how great pulleys are. As a matter of fact, I wasn't even recommending it. I don't need to ask a tuner anything since I've been running lightweight pulleys years and years.
Ok, so Im taking you telling us that you have had them on all your cars and never had an issue as you are telling us they are great. my bad. I guess I shouldnt have.

Reactions: Myx

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im feisty today because my Chiefs lost, and my car is in the shop with tranny issues.

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
Armchairing would be knowing the outcome and then coming back and saying X should have done Y. Im saying he shouldnt do it all on this car. Every car is different but ok. When my tuner who is widely considered the go to on 10th gens says no to lightweight pulleys, ill take his word for it.
Well then, you need to find a real 'tuner' who knows his shit... Otherwise, you can just get lost, bro.

It's not our fault you screwed up your tranny and lost your stupid dog.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, so Im taking you telling us that you have had them on all your cars and never had an issue as you are telling us they are great. my bad. I guess I shouldnt have.
No problem! For the record....
1) I don't recommend anyone get a lightweight pulley,
2) Listen to your tuner if they say it is not a worthy upgrade. Or anyone else that may tell you this or from your own personal experience.
3) I won't be posting before and after 1/4 mile time info on the pulley specifically. Even if I get a better 1/4 mile time, I won't attribute it to the pulley itself...even if the weather condition is exactly the same and it was the same day on the same track. That's not how I work.

I will post up 1/4 mile times and state the weather condition and what modifications have been done when that 1/4 mile time was achieved. That's what I always have done. In the meantime, was just looking for weight info. Since I've ordered the pulley, I'll be weighing it myself now. So no biggie!

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Well then, you need to find a real 'tuner' who knows his shit... Otherwise, you can just get lost, bro.

It's not our fault you screwed up your tranny.
We have a very reputable tuner, and he says the pulley is a worthless mod. Got some dyno’s of a 10th gen with the pulley “upgrade” to validate that it’s worth putting on? Do you have any testing data? If not you have no room to talk, just sound ignorant.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

It's not our fault you screwed up your tranny and lost your stupid dog.
Ok Corolla boy, Who are you? and what is your problem? My tuner knows his stuff, in fact, he probably knows more about this platform than most, so back off pal. And watch the cuss words, or you'll get a nice message from the admin asking you to clean it up ;)

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What happened to the transmission?
It's acting a fool. I have it at Honda right now getting looked it. I definitely think its cvt related but they were going to check the motor mounts too bc the vibration was so bad

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
It's acting a fool. I have it at Honda right now getting looked it. I definitely think its cvt related but they were going to check the motor mounts too bc the vibration was so bad

Think it's related to the tune? Did you flash back to stock?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Think it's related to the tune? Did you flash back to stock?
oh yeah, flashed back on Saturday and put some miles on it before i took it in. It wasnt as bad once it was factory, but I think thats because once I put the stock tune, the ECU function like factory. The minute it feels the CVT messing up it lowers boost to save the CVT. It was barely making 9 psi on the stock tune this weekend. It would hit 12-13 previously when on stock tune. And at 70 you could mash the gas and it would take 10 seconds to get to 75, you can tell its not putting the power to the wheels at all

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
oh yeah, flashed back on Saturday and put some miles on it before i took it in. It wasnt as bad once it was factory, but I think thats because once I put the stock tune, the ECU function like factory. The minute it feels the CVT messing up it lowers boost to save the CVT. It was barely making 9 psi on the stock tune this weekend. It would hit 12-13 previously when on stock tune. And at 70 you could mash the gas and it would take 10 seconds to get to 75, you can tell its not putting the power to the wheels at all
That sucks, keep us posted. I'm trying/running a 24psi tune on mine, it's good so far but you never know.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How many miles on the car/tune?
27k, e30 blend custom tune. Once I know the outcome or at least get a call back today, Ill post a topic on the forum about it.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sucks, keep us posted. I'm trying/running a 24psi tune on mine, it's good so far but you never know.
will do, at this point, I want it to be replaced or if not hopefully I can baby it a few months until the Accord 2.0 Sport is out. Though an SI might be in my future. At least an SI, the wing, and all my aftermarket accessories will fit
Sponsored