racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
D&V Autobody in Sterling/Dulles? I know they do insurance work.. and high end dealership repair work . I've had them do some collision work (body work, paint etc) to good effect. Worth stopping by and asking perhaps.

As you learned with the CRV, Honda dealer only wants to deal with genuine HONDA parts so they can minimize the issues. Someone shows up with a beat up fiberglass piece that needs fitment (sanding, bondo etc) and they aren't gonna touch it. That said, even if they don't do the work, they might be able to refer you to someone.
Sponsored

OP
OP
vladucard

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll give them a call and ask! And you are definitely correct on Honda dealers, I don't blame them!

OP
OP
vladucard

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey all, reviving this thread as it's been a year now and I've had no luck! Anyone have any experience in the NoVa area with installing the Type R spoiler on a HatchSport?

Civicboomer

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey all, reviving this thread as it's been a year now and I've had no luck! Anyone have any experience in the NoVa area with installing the Type R spoiler on a HatchSport?
You could try Ptuning in Manassas. If they don't maybe they know someone. If I had one I would do it myself. Plenty of videos on it. I wouldn't try for someone else! Screwing up my car is OK. Screwing up another guy's car no. You know the part where someone says...Gee does that look backwards?

OP
OP
vladucard

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I definitely understand! I'm just a klutz at DIY, haha. I'll give them a call and check em out. Thank you so much!

reesee175

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
You could try Ptuning in Manassas. If they don't maybe they know someone. If I had one I would do it myself. Plenty of videos on it. I wouldn't try for someone else! Screwing up my car is OK. Screwing up another guy's car no. You know the part where someone says...Gee does that look backwards?
Ptuning is an excellent choice. I use them for 2020 civic si and all my past cars to install performance mods or regular maintenance when not going to the dealership.

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
The formula is basically the same. Call a few reputable shops for modified cars, ask who they recommend for body work. Everyone will have a suggestion.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't know about NoVa but definitely know a shop in Rockville, MD that would do it. They do good work but sadly they are a tad pricey.

I do almost all the work on my own car.

If its an oem R wing if you hit up the right dealer I'm sure a tech would do it.

I know a few Honda techs in the NoVA area that would be able to help out and install it. If its not oem, still probably could but would definitely be on the side.
Sponsored