Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey all!

I'm wondering if anyone in Northern Virginia knows the best shop to have a Type R spoiler installed on an '18 Sport Hatch. I live in the Woodbridge area but am willing to drive to get a perfect install. I got some info for a shop in this area called K & W Auto Body Inc. and was very pleased with the price (price, btw, not an issue). However, when it came to speaking about the actual install, the technician seemed a bit hesitant especially since none of the replicate spoiler sellers bring a template (I didn't get one from ABS Dynamics).

Any information helps, I ask because I've seen a few hatches (non Type R) rocking them in this area!

Thanks!
Sponsored

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I would consult the Honda of Tysons body shop, i'm not really sure if they install spoilers (I don't see why not) but they do phenomenal work and they are certified Honda installers so they work on Civics everyday. I had my car hit within a couple weeks of me getting it and it needed it needed some paint work along with straightening out some of the dents. They have reasonably fair prices too so I would ask them.

OP
OP
vladucard

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this the Honda dealership in Tyson's? If so, I'm trying to avoid the dealerships (there's one up the street from me, Hendrick Honda, where I bought my hatch) since they will usually charge an arm and a leg (I know I said price is no issue, butttttttttt I do have a limit, lol). As a last resort, I will ask the dealership to see if they will install it.

I appreciate the reply!

DyM

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On the one hand, having a Honda dealership do the job kinda vouches for the Honda-ness of the work, so I can see the appeal. In other words, if you have to come back to them for any reason at all (noise, vibration, etc) then you're coming back to the same folks who made your car, and putting the onus on them, rather than some mom-n-pop. Their parts, their work. On the other hand, I wonder if what you're really looking for isn't a speedshop? Like, folks who have installed enough spoilers, cut enough rusted bolts, tuned enough ECUs to know what the most common issues are, and get the work done with an eye for performance. Might even have some templates lying around, who knows. I'm not too far away, so if I find one, I'll holler.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Is this the Honda dealership in Tyson's? If so, I'm trying to avoid the dealerships (there's one up the street from me, Hendrick Honda, where I bought my hatch) since they will usually charge an arm and a leg (I know I said price is no issue, butttttttttt I do have a limit, lol). As a last resort, I will ask the dealership to see if they will install it.

I appreciate the reply!
Yeah it is, I totally understand trying to find a 3rd party as it is probably cheaper. Another place I would recommend is royal auto body which is in Sterling, VA. My Mercedes was in a wreck last year when someone rammed into the front of my car when backing up and I took it there. Prices were fair and service was incredible. Don't know exactly where you're located but if this is doable for you then it is work checking out.

OP
OP
vladucard

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
DyM, I'm not familiar with the term "speedshop" but from what you explained, a shop like that wouldn't hurt, especially since it sounds like they would know what to do in this case. I'm planning on calling the Honda dealership close to my house to get an idea of how much it would be/see if they install them. I remember a few years ago when I had my CRV calling and asking the same dealer if they would install an aftermarket piece and the guy said that the only install OEM items purchased from a dealer or online Honda store. This was over 3 years ago though so it's possible they do install non-Honda aftermarket items now.

@jred721 I work in Chantilly so driving to Sterling isn't too bad! I'll check out their site and give em a holler!

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
I work in Sterling! But out of curiosity why not do it yourself? It's an easy install. You just need to be careful not to scratch the paint. Tape stuff off before drilling holes. And watch a few YouTube videos on how to do it

OP
OP
vladucard

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I could never do this myself, I'm a klutz! I'd rather leave it for the professionals to be honest!

jdmtodd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
I could never do this myself, I'm a klutz! I'd rather leave it for the professionals to be honest!
There a blue hatchback sport in fairfax by my work that has a type r spoiler installed on his car. If you could somehow locate him, i'm sure he can shed some light on where he got it installed.

OP
OP
vladucard

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I definitely have seen a few around the area, just not at a convenient time that I can stop and ask since usually it's in the middle of the road, haha

DyM

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I definitely have seen a few around the area, just not at a convenient time that I can stop and ask since usually it's in the middle of the road, haha

When you see them in the wild, you gotta throw your poke ball right at the face, or it wont work correctly LOLOLOL :rofl:

OP
OP
vladucard

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
nah, at that point, it's a matter of pulling a Jesse and James type of trap: Dig a hole in the road and wait behind a bush ;)

jdmtodd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
nah, at that point, it's a matter of pulling a Jesse and James type of trap: Dig a hole in the road and wait behind a bush ;)
LOL let me try to snap a photo of the car and ill send it to you. Go to the 10th gen civic facebook groups and post the picture to try and find the owner. He has type r wing, type lower trim piece by the exhaust, and ikon motorsports v2 front lip. He definitely gotta be on there considering his car still has brand new temporary paper license plate.

OP
OP
vladucard

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dang, I totally forgot about facebook groups. It definitely sounds like that person may have some info (hopefully, for all we know, they did it themselves!) I appreciate the help @jdmtodd!

OP
OP
vladucard

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just bumping up hoping anyone new sees the thread and has some other suggestions as well!
Sponsored