Notice Screen on Infotainment screen stuck

daltman584

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX-L
So I have had my car for about a month. Tonight my radio display got stuck on the Notice /warning message that always displays after you start the car. Have not found a fix for this yet. I posted a video on Youtube. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have turned the car off and on and left it off for about 15 minutes. At this point I guess I could take it to the dealer but thought someone here might have a quick fix / reset.

Thanks,
D

Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
So I have had my car for about a month. Tonight my radio display got stuck on the Notice /warning message that always displays after you start the car. Have not found a fix for this yet. I posted a video on Youtube. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have turned the car off and on and left it off for about 15 minutes. At this point I guess I could take it to the dealer but thought someone here might have a quick fix / reset.

Thanks,
D

Try rebooting it by holding down the Audio Power button for 10 seconds. You should get "Do you want to Reboot" on the screen. If you don't get that, then you will have to take it to the dealer for them to do a hard reboot.

OP
OP

daltman584

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try rebooting it by holding down the Audio Power button for 10 seconds. You should get "Do you want to Reboot" on the screen. If you don't get that, then you will have to take it to the dealer for them to do a hard reboot.
Yeah nothing was happening holding that button for 10 seconds or even 30 seconds. I took it to the dealer first thing this morning. Waiting to hear what the fix was.

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Service dept. is just going to disconnect the car battery for 10 mins and call it fixed.

OP
OP

daltman584

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Service dept. is just going to disconnect the car battery for 10 mins and call it fixed.
Just got back from the dealer. They did disconnect the battery and called it s hard reset of the radio. Since there are no current software updates there wasn't much more they could do. I just wish I could disable that message in the first place. Its annoying that I'm expected to read and acknowledge that message every time I start my call. Oh well.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Just got back from the dealer. They did disconnect the battery and called it s hard reset of the radio. Since there are no current software updates there wasn't much more they could do. I just wish I could disable that message in the first place. Its annoying that I'm expected to read and acknowledge that message every time I start my call. Oh well.
It goes away on its own after about 5-10 seconds, unlike the older Civics where you had to acknowledge it.
Sponsored