Notching Rear bumper for exhaust?

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Hey everyone, so I'm looking at exhaust for my civic, and I'm still debating on whether to go with dual exhaust or single, but that is neither here nor there.
What I am wondering is has anyone notched out the rear plastic at the bottom of the bumper to get a tighter, more natural fit for the exhaust tip. I am not a fan of how there is not a spot for the exhaust to properly exit.

I am thinking about using a Dremel and cutting out a spot for the exhaust, and I've already looked into how much it would cost to replace if I messed up.

What do you guys think? Has anyone done it? I think it would look much more proper.
Sponsored

modernwarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (CBM)
I haven't seen anyone on this forum notch out an area for a better fit for the exhaust exit point. If you have the experience and skills to do such a job, then by all means... you can be the guinea pig. I personally have no experience in that area, and I would be scared shitless to even attempt it. I'm so OCD about my car it's ridiculous; I've ordered interior LEDs, and the thought of breaking the plastic cover is freaking me out. lol

If you could get it to look finished and the design aspect is properly planned, then it would probably look great. I am just going to purchase the oval exhaust tips from Amazon. All the best!

OP
OP
Jay.DeVries

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So it looks like there is a bumper support right behind it. But it looks like it would be really easy to run twin tips out of each side through where the rear fake vents are. I may still look into I bolting the rear bumper support and possibly notching that out instead.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So it looks like there is a bumper support right behind it. But it looks like it would be really easy to run twin tips out of each side through where the rear fake vents are. I may still look into I bolting the rear bumper support and possibly notching that out instead.
pics?

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
P

pics of what? The bumper support?
Guess I'm having the case of the Mondays on a Tuesday. I apologize, thought you already did the mod. Regarding the bottom bumper part, is it easy to pop right off? I wanted to take a look at it myself as well and see what my options are

OP
OP
Jay.DeVries

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As of right now I haven't taken anything off. Just been looking underneath the one we have on the show floor for my measurements. I work at a dealership selling cars. So I get slot of hands on time with these. I'll probably check tonight and see how hard it is to take off the clips. I've looked at the price to replace it too and since I get a discount it is like 120$ for a new one. The bumper supper appears to be 4 bolts or so to remove. I could always just remove it and hope I don't get rear ended lol. But probably best to put a couple holes through it instead.

Acraig3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe, 1992 Acura integra
Like this? I'm really trying to figure out how to do this with those rear vent things. Maybe one could purchase a replacement vent, knotch some holes, and do a single exit tip on either side.

Honda Civic 10th gen Notching Rear bumper for exhaust? $_58.JPG

Elwoodscivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Hey everyone, so I'm looking at exhaust for my civic, and I'm still debating on whether to go with dual exhaust or single, but that is neither here nor there.
What I am wondering is has anyone notched out the rear plastic at the bottom of the bumper to get a tighter, more natural fit for the exhaust tip. I am not a fan of how there is not a spot for the exhaust to properly exit.

I am thinking about using a Dremel and cutting out a spot for the exhaust, and I've already looked into how much it would cost to replace if I messed up.

What do you guys think? Has anyone done it? I think it would look much more proper.
hello, I was reading your posts from May of 2016 and was wondering if you ever did Notch that rear diffuser. If so could you send me some photographs and let me know how you did it?

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
in the process now of fitting a si sedan bumper on my lx sedan. looked at all available options since si bumper exhaust is center and lx has single exhaust on right. finally decided on muffler delete due to stealth and keeping cops off my back plus if I ever trade the car in can go back to muffler shop and have them reattach stock muffler, not for everyone but in my situation seemed to make the most sense, it also sounds excellent and smooth no raspiness at all

Honda Civic 10th gen Notching Rear bumper for exhaust? CBC0019C-F575-4365-9FF0-915CD8FEC614

MilfShake2108

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Hatchback LX 6SPD Manual
Country flag

I've been hoping someone would do something like this to our car. I wonder how it'd look on an EXT with hidden dual mufflers.
This is exactly what I'd like to do on my hatchback LX. If only someone had done it to show what it looks like...

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is exactly what I'd like to do on my hatchback LX. If only someone had done it to show what it looks like...
At least with you there's Sport or Type R diffusers available, I've seen people put on the Sport diffuser and reroute the pipes through that.
Sponsored