Notchback or Fastback?

Do you prefer notchback or fastback styles?

• Notchback

• Fastback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
How do you prefer coupe or sedan trunks/hatches? Sloping down in one sleek, straight line? Or with an additional angle to spice things up? Seems like after decades of notchback dominance the fastback design is becoming more and more pervasive in car designs, from traditional sedans to even SUVs that have ditched their squareback rear-ends. Personally, I like having a defined trunk on my car's silhouette, and I think the spoilers Honda put on the Si models give them much nicer lines than those without.
Sponsored

AmaiX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
How do you prefer coupe or sedan trunks/hatches? Sloping down in one sleek, straight line? Or with an additional angle to spice things up? Seems like after decades of notchback dominance the fastback design is becoming more and more pervasive in car designs, from traditional sedans to even SUVs that have ditched their squareback rear-ends. Personally, I like having a defined trunk on my car's silhouette, and I think the spoilers Honda put on the Si models give them much nicer lines than those without.
I prefer the traditional "hatchback" styling more, but don't mind the current 10th gen hatch style.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If it weren't for the added weight it would have, I'd love for the civic coupe to have a fastback/liftback hatch instead of a trunk (similar to old eclipse, RSX, Integras, Celicas, tC, TT). It would make putting things in the back so much easier, and they could keep the silhouette exactly the same. But again, it would probably add a decent amount of weight.

When it comes to actual hatchbacks, like civic hatch versus golf hatch... I actually prefer the slightly more upright back end of the golf, as the civic hatch just comes off like it doesn't know if it wants to be a hatch or a sedan (tho I'm not bashing it either, it doesn't look bad, I just prefer the upright hatch). I personally think mazda has struck a good balance of notch/fastback with the mazda3 hatches.
Sponsored