mau_fk7

First Name
Mauro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 2019 hatchback cvt
Country flag
Fully supported CVT models get boost by gear as well.

Actually, the photo you posted shows that isn't the case:

20200628_043649.jpg

Those three dropdown settings above can totally change the feel of the tune.
Yes of course, but what about this feature? Why my ecu model can’t have this settings if other cvt have?
My ecu have * so some feature are not available, only base tune settings, but my tunable settings aren’t different from locked maps like stage 1 and 2, so i think that all my maps are locked. I only change that 3 parameters, so my idea is that ktuner doesn’t work fully 100% for me.
when I buy a new car, I can decide if add some extra feature, but seller will always give me tyre and seats, if you now what I mean.
thank you for your time e for answer me, I really appreciate

Honda Civic 10th gen Not very happy about Ktuner software B37F1E3A-1B64-4821-8A3C-4048146A2A05

OP
OP
mau_fk7

mau_fk7

First Name
Mauro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What maps are locked that you need?
All starter maps like my friends have.
some of them have * on their ecu, but they also have beta maps, so they can do a lot of things.
I pay the same amount of cash but I can’t do anything

Honda Civic 10th gen Not very happy about Ktuner software 8F7F41B2-16BE-4ABF-AAAA-88AED79C32B2

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
All starter maps like my friends have.
some of them have * on their ecu, but they also have beta maps, so they can do a lot of things.
I pay the same amount of cash but I can’t do anything

8F7F41B2-16BE-4ABF-AAAA-88AED79C32B2.png
All ECU software is different. You can't just "copy-paste" a feature from one ECU to another. It's a lot of work.

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes of course, but what about this feature? Why my ecu model can’t have this settings if other cvt have?
My ecu have * so some feature are not available, only base tune settings, but my tunable settings aren’t different from locked maps like stage 1 and 2, so i think that all my maps are locked. I only change that 3 parameters, so my idea is that ktuner doesn’t work fully 100% for me.
when I buy a new car, I can decide if add some extra feature, but seller will always give me tyre and seats, if you now what I mean.
thank you for your time e for answer me, I really appreciate

B37F1E3A-1B64-4821-8A3C-4048146A2A05.gif
Those options are all custom software thats need to be added to the ECU. Thats not something that is already there.

OP
OP
mau_fk7

mau_fk7

First Name
Mauro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
All ECU software is different. You can't just "copy-paste" a feature from one ECU to another. It's a lot of work.
But ktuner is the same, as the price, so buyers need to have same feature like others buyers. That’s equal logic

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
But ktuner is the same, as the price, so buyers need to have same feature like others buyers. That’s equal logic
You still don't understand how this works. It takes time and a lot of work to add a custom feature that not exist in the ECU.
"Some ECU codebases may not have all custom features present and an asterisk next to an ECU number signifies that it may be an initial release and not have advanced features beyond standard tuning."

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
There is no such thing. You made it up.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
KTuner had provided transparent information in their website in regards to list of supported ECU. Some international ECUs with asterisk mean these ECU do not have full feature such as Quick Adjustments, & Quick Enables.

There is no guarantee that these ECUs with asterisk will get complete features but consumers are able to use KTuner basemap for custom tuning.

You should checked with KTuner what features missing from your ECU before you decide making the purchase.

My ECU is 1 of the ECU with partial support. I asked KTuner about what features missing for my ECU & decided to wait until quick adjustments feature is supported for my ECU.

If there is basemap missing in the list of ots tune, you should ask for the missing tunes instead of questioning the partial support because KTuner does mention partial support for ECU with asterisk in KTuner website.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
No base tunes will be missing from any ECU codebase and you'll have access to the main tuning maps (MAF, Ignition, Fuel, Boost Targets) plus quick adjustments. If you have an asterisk you may not have advanced custom features at this time, as clearly outlined on the website.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
No base tunes will be missing from any ECU codebase and you'll have access to the main tuning maps (MAF, Ignition, Fuel, Boost Targets) plus quick adjustments. If you have an asterisk you may not have advanced custom features at this time, as clearly outlined on the website.
WILL the 2.0 NA no longer get any future updates? I ask because I too am on 2.0 (2020) with partial ECU support and understanding that Honda isn't likely doing any more 2.0L NA in the future

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Did you read @KTuner's post?

Basic tunes are not missing even on initial support ECUs. Other features like OTF map switching, etc. may be.
Sponsored

Last edited: