Not ENOUGH Power?

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
still about 14k more for a CTR then what ive spent so far
Right, but my question wasn't how much you currently have IN or PUT IN the car so far but all the mods to hit this 400WHP mark. My thinking is this - if it would cost about another $10k to get to where you WANT to be - bc of all the parts, rebuilding this, rebuilding that - paying for the install of things etc. And we aren't even talking about if you start having failures but just to get it there and then to have all the supporting mods etc. If 'let's say for argument sake' its $10k - then I would say you are $4k off of getting a CTR - at that point - I would rather have a CTR than a SI and look to build that car. Or...go a totally different platform.

For me, when I started to do the math and seeing what others were HONESTLY putting in to hit their twin turbo/single turbo setup in the Z - I was like - that is close to brand new Supra or used GTR territory - it didn't seem/make sense to add that amount of $ to a car that wasn't built/meant for that; it would be 'safer' to start with a car that was already close such as a Supra. Again, just my .02 - my friends think I'm crazy bc I keep talking about wanting a 500WHP car - like I can and will go race it etc. When in reality all I want is a really fun, reliable, semi fast car that I can daily.
Sponsored

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You were hoping people would be pumping 1000hp out of a 1.5L Civic engine? LOL. Yes, the turbo allows great gains in power compared to factory output, but don't expect this tiny 4-banger to be achieving V8 levels of power unless you have tens of thousands of dollars on hand, multiple back-up engines, and a 2nd car
And you don’t need v8 level hp power to beat V8s. People chasing max hp lol