Bannon

First Name
Bannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T
Country flag
After reading all the do's and don'ts in this forum. I decided to do as little as I can. I will save the more maintenance and headache parts for a project car that I will likely not buy in future.

I will be happy to have 200hp plus. Deciding on an ECU reflash or a plug and play unit that adds 30hp made locally.
Sponsored

Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Am I the only one who thinks a 300 WHP civic would be pretty damn fast? If you had 300 hp and tq to the wheels, the Si would be perfect for the chassis. its like 9.6 lbs per hp . You might not get on youtube street roll racing vids, but you won't be slow at all.

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You'd be hard-pressed to get 1000 hp out of any car lol, get a mark 4 supra that's your best bet for a reliable 1000 hp

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I just want to get this thing as close to 400hp/torque and make it as reliable as possible and then just daily it and ocasionally get on it. I dont think thats a crazy unrealistic goal its been done pretty easily. More so numbers closer to like 330whp but thats a damn good start. I want my si to take a stock type r. Which again is totally doable. I am saying I wish I had the money for something like the new supra where a downpipe intake and exhaust get you like 500whp.

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
I just want to get this thing as close to 400hp/torque and make it as reliable as possible and then just daily it and ocasionally get on it. I dont think thats a crazy unrealistic goal its been done pretty easily. More so numbers closer to like 330whp but thats a damn good start. I want my si to take a stock type r. Which again is totally doable. I am saying I wish I had the money for something like the new supra where a downpipe intake and exhaust get you like 500whp.
As long as you think having 330WHP will be enough for you (it's NEVER enough haha); bc after you get used to the power - you'll want more. To me - and it has taken a long time to realize this - but having a 'fun' car > WHP/Dyno chasing car. Simply put - you need to make sure whatever you do you are able to the power to the ground as well as still having fun with it. In the Z forum - I see a lot of guys who put a lot of money into their rides to get to that 500WHP mark - and the question always is the same - can you keep the power to the ground or where does the car stop being fun bc you are spinning in 1st and 2nd gear. Just my .02 - but whatever you decide - good luck.

I'll throw another question at you - just for 'grins' - take all the money that you would put toward your car as well as the value in your car - and where does that leave you in respect to getting/obtaining a used CTR. A platform that is closer stock than where you are at right now. Assuming you would want a CTR over a SI.

jabberwocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla/Pilot/Tacoma
I thought the point of these cars were supposed to be fun little cars that you could push to make them work to get where you're going around corners etc. The SI is pretty balanced for what it is. If your looking to get pretty far out of the wheelhouse of what the car can do you might as well look at another car, this doesn't seem like a great fit.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I just want to get this thing as close to 400hp/torque and make it as reliable as possible and then just daily it and ocasionally get on it. I dont think thats a crazy unrealistic goal its been done pretty easily.
400whp and 400 torque on a daily will not be reliable unless you beef up many internal and drivetrain components. I'm all for tuning but I also tend to look at things with very realistic expectations.

Please get a different car if these are your goals. I'd hate to read about you in one of our numerous failure threads.

Diamond Ned

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Im with you in wanting more power, but it’s not gonna happen on this platform and you gotta accept that. You will never own a reliable daily 10th gen with 400hp/tq.

I was looking into getting a type R for the weekend but honestly I know I would kick myself in the ass. There’s just not enough power, as much as I adore that car. I’ll bite the bullet and be getting an m2 competition, give it a tune and be happy with it.

jabberwocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla/Pilot/Tacoma
Then why not buy a Type R at that point? You are already dealing with of foundation that's been tested by the designers of the car. Once you start throwing everything together you dealing with a lot of unknown variables. As you increase the horsepower you're going to have to make modifications to other parts of the car that are going to have to deal with the increase strain it's going to put on the vehicle. I'm not saying it can't work but if you read most people comments here with heavy modifications, you're going to run to some issues with something here at some point more than likely. In my opinion I'd rather just drive something off the lot that's pretty close to what I want starting off rather than building it to something elses spec.

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just want to get this thing as close to 400hp/torque and make it as reliable as possible and then just daily it and ocasionally get on it. I dont think thats a crazy unrealistic goal its been done pretty easily.
I don’t know of anyone who has made 400 whp easily. Most shooting for the moon had their engine’s miss and die in the icy vacuum of space. There’s a lot of strategies and power levels. Mid-200s on the stock turbo and pump gas. High 200s either on a W1 and pump or stock turbo and ethanol... but you’re probably looking at a clutch once you touch ethanol. Lower 300s on that W1 and ethanol. DP intercooler will make a little more power and help you hold power on repeated pulls. You’ll need a larger turbo to touch 400. You’ll need to put some $$$ in the engine to keep it reliable and not coming apart. You’re talking nearly 300 hp/liter. You’re in the same discussion as aforementioned ~1000 hp Supras, and this engine isn’t built like a 2JZ. Parts aren’t terribly inexpensive for the engine work. Labor isn’t either. By the time you’re there... you could have got a CTR. Reflash to ~325. FBO to ~350. Ethanol towards 400. Or, a different, faster car than anything on a Civic platform... from the factory... for as much if not less money than trying to burn money in this one. I just saw a 2015 Coyote 5.0 Mustang 10 speed that’d eat up any of our cars within the speed limit for $15k in Jacksonville as I’ve been looking for another car. I guess you could walk away from one above 100 with the better P/W... but then you shouldn’t be doing that in the first place.

I think you’re tunnel-visioning a Hp figure. Outside of some R&D cars the vendors may have/had (Vit, IMW, 27WON, PRL, etc) who’s rolling around on a 400 hp non-CTR? @kshawn comes to mind. He’s had a hell of a ride getting there. God love him... the insides of his block came out to say hi at one point. He’s had a hell of a journey getting there and deep pockets to accomplish it. Who else? If you want to “take a stock CTR” then stock turbo... flexfuel... TSP Stage 2, cross your fingers your clutch holds and you’re probably there at 270 whp in a lighter car straight line, even though the stock turbo chokes up top... and every Civic sucks in a straight line. Some just suck less.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Well this day I pulled like 3-4 vs this guys (the mustang 5.0) because he was in my ass on the highway and I pulled the 4th gear. The first pull he didnt past me because of trafic and the second pull he passed me at 175-180km so I stoped . He was mad as fuck because he couldn't go away, after that I was always in his ass like he did to me.
Well one of my friend have an audi s4 2015 stage 1+ making 417 hp with his car and I'm only 1 car behind. His s4 keep it up with corvette lol

I try to not pull the 5th gears at WOT because of weak clutch !

Planning to go FBO and custom tune.

ktuner, tsp stage 1 map 3 , 27won intake and RRM .
Tires Firehawk Indy 500 245/35/18
94 oct petro-canada to keep 0.49 ;)
Next upgrade clutch , ccm & downpipe !
ROFL

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I don’t know of anyone who has made 400 whp easily. Most shooting for the moon had their engine’s miss and die in the icy vacuum of space. There’s a lot of strategies and power levels. Mid-200s on the stock turbo and pump gas. High 200s either on a W1 and pump or stock turbo and ethanol... but you’re probably looking at a clutch once you touch ethanol. Lower 300s on that W1 and ethanol. DP intercooler will make a little more power and help you hold power on repeated pulls. You’ll need a larger turbo to touch 400. You’ll need to put some $$$ in the engine to keep it reliable and not coming apart. You’re talking nearly 300 hp/liter. You’re in the same discussion as aforementioned ~1000 hp Supras, and this engine isn’t built like a 2JZ. Parts aren’t terribly inexpensive for the engine work. Labor isn’t either. By the time you’re there... you could have got a CTR. Reflash to ~325. FBO to ~350. Ethanol towards 400. Or, a different, faster car than anything on a Civic platform... from the factory... for as much if not less money than trying to burn money in this one. I just saw a 2015 Coyote 5.0 Mustang 10 speed that’d eat up any of our cars within the speed limit for $15k in Jacksonville as I’ve been looking for another car. I guess you could walk away from one above 100 with the better P/W... but then you shouldn’t be doing that in the first place.

I think you’re tunnel-visioning a Hp figure. Outside of some R&D cars the vendors may have/had (Vit, IMW, 27WON, PRL, etc) who’s rolling around on a 400 hp non-CTR? @kshawn comes to mind. He’s had a hell of a ride getting there. God love him... the insides of his block came out to say hi at one point. He’s had a hell of a journey getting there and deep pockets to accomplish it. Who else? If you want to “take a stock CTR” then stock turbo... flexfuel... TSP Stage 2, cross your fingers your clutch holds and you’re probably there at 270 whp in a lighter car straight line, even though the stock turbo chokes up top... and every Civic sucks in a straight line. Some just suck less.
I'm pretty much at my breaking point where I sell the pile. There's always another wall that prevents me from getting that 400hp. At the moment there isn't really a way to do it without a motec.

And let's say you've checked all the boxes.

Motec, Big turbo, built block, more fuel, strong clutch.

You'll be rebuilding the trans in a few months, I can almost promise you that.

Your going to keep finding a new limit each time you push it farther and farther. And it gets mega expensive. For half the money I've spent I could of gotten a 9th gen to 500hp. Or of thrown a blower on a 5.0 mustang for 2k, and make 700whp.

I also know a guy who just rebuilt his engine and trans and had a valve drop and destroy his built motor.

10th gen isn't the platform to push to 400hp or more. 300-350 seems to be where you start to hit the boost ramp of $ per hp.

Also pockets arnt deep. Just a dumb 24 year old that prioritized things wrong lol. Lesson learned.

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I didnt have the money :(
You won’t get to the numbers you’re drooling over with bolt ons though, and the money to build a car to that lev
I'm pretty much at my breaking point where I sell the pile. There's always another wall that prevents me from getting that 400hp. At the moment there isn't really a way to do it without a motec.

And let's say you've checked all the boxes.

Motec, Big turbo, built block, more fuel, strong clutch.

You'll be rebuilding the trans in a few months, I can almost promise you that.

Your going to keep finding a new limit each time you push it farther and farther. And it gets mega expensive. For half the money I've spent I could of gotten a 9th gen to 500hp. Or of thrown a blower on a 5.0 mustang for 2k, and make 700whp.

I also know a guy who just rebuilt his engine and trans and had a valve drop and destroy his built motor.

10th gen isn't the platform to push to 400hp or more. 300-350 seems to be where you start to hit the boost ramp of $ per hp.

Also pockets arnt deep. Just a dumb 24 year old that prioritized things wrong lol. Lesson learned.
how is ososik at 695whp with Hondata ?

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve been there... same age and tried to reach deeper and eventually found nothing but lint and had to quit. I’m there on my Z and have probably $20-25k in a car that might be worth $10k. I’ve got deeper pockets these years and on that specific car my heart is still bigger than my brain. No shame in it... especially if the journey was more important as the destination. That car will never be done but it’s taken 7 years to burn what I have thus far.

I still don’t know who’s done 400 hp before “pretty easily”. You are one of the few I know of that should have gotten close with a bigger turbo pushing gobs of boost and meth... not to mention engine work and everything else. A block got sacrificed to the HP gods along the way. They are cruel sometimes.

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve been there... same age and tried to reach deeper and eventually found nothing but lint and had to quit. I’m there on my Z and have probably $20-25k in a car that might be worth $10k. I’ve got deeper pockets these years and on that specific car my heart is still bigger than my brain. No shame in it... especially if the journey was more important as the destination. That car will never be done but it’s taken 7 years to burn what I have thus far.

I still don’t know who’s done 400 hp before “pretty easily”. You are one of the few I know of that should have gotten close with a bigger turbo pushing gobs of boost and meth... not to mention engine work and everything else. A block got sacrificed to the HP gods along the way. They are cruel sometimes.
350* is the limit I’d say for fairly easily acquiring power on the si.

definitely at that number you’d be insane to still be running stock internals, trans without thinking something will break eventually.

I just want 275 on 92. I think that’s achievable on the W1, W2* or the rv6 turbo(all being drop ins. )
Sponsored