First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, I am afraid after an intake, intercooler. DP and exhaust this thing is about out of options to make power. My plan was/is an rv6 drop in turbo upgrade when it comes out. After messing around with some guys with some serious power motors Im kind of kicking myself in the ass. There is no 1000hp civic si 10th gen stomping around out there. I think I've found out the platform is very limited, and its killing me. Im totally up to suggestions here. I am going turbo then a tune when the turbo comes out. Im sure that should set me well in the 300's on both HP/Torque. Other than that im broke but im thinking about a project car.
Why would you need a 1,000 hp street car ??

if you want to chase numbers the highest hp SI is at 695hp, that’s enough for a 10second car.

300hp is good enough, 400 is fast for a car under 3,000lbs.

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
There is more encouraging videos out there then I knew about. Particularly that built 700hp motor. I am about to invest in the RV6 as soon as it comes out. I know its supposed to make some really good power and not completely destroy the bank. I just want to be up in the 400-500 hp range. That should be enough for me to chill out for a while lol.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
There is more encouraging videos out there then I knew about. Particularly that built 700hp motor. I am about to invest in the RV6 as soon as it comes out. I know its supposed to make some really good power and not completely destroy the bank. I just want to be up in the 400-500 hp range. That should be enough for me to chill out for a while lol.
I guess my mind can't understand the goal of massive power in a FWD econobox. Don't get me wrong, I love my tuned Civic's better than stock power. But there's no way in hell I can imagine this car with two times+ more power output. I don't even see how the chassis (as is) could even handle that type of power.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Reflash and bolt ons give very noticeable gains and it's relatively easy to hit around 300whp with drop-in turbos and/or flex fuel, all while maintaining a strong daily driver.
Strongly disagree and my tuning reliability survey bears this out. Adding bolt ons and cranking power to 300 whp may be easy but is generally an invitation to potential failure in these cars.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1000 hp? Out of a L15B7? That number on this engine reminds me of this...

That’s over 3x the power of any production FWD I can think of and almost more than any production car of any powertrain at all. You would be unlikely to put the power to the ground until you were above interstate speeds and everything outside of the engine even if it could take it from the axle to the transmission would come apart like a cheap watch. Other than trying to win dyno events chasing after the highest hp/liter... I really can’t imagine a scenario where anyone would want a 1000 hp Civic... especially trying to massage it out of a low displacement, low revving L15B7. Boosting an older K-series car that could rev to 8-9000 RPM would be worlds easier.

370zs are good but I’m pretty sure they’re stuck at around 400 at the engine staying NA. Still a decent amount and about matching the NA power per liter of Honda’s heyday. You can price out some turbo kits off if Z1 Motorsports. They’re... well... expensive. Also, bases lack a LSD which is nice to have. They sell the NA power packs as well. There was a vid of a guy who cobbled together the equivalent of a Z1 powerpack on the cheap to get near the 400 mark on YouTube I saw awhile back.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Idk, what's the failure rate with the W1 turbo? If you look at drob's ig there's many examples of Si's reaching 300whp or close to it on both 91 and 93 gas. Obviously he doesn't really post updates of the cars, but I can't imagine it's a bad idea.
I'm just suggesting that (long term) 300+ whp isn't a good idea for someone looking for a reliable 1.5T daily. And once you get into that type of power, beefing up internals, adding better brakes, stronger clutch etc. is also a wise move.

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
Lol this little 1.5t on tsp stage 1 map 3 keep it up with mustang 5.0l on 120-170 km and many others car . I passed ez an gla 45amg v6 twin turbo.( well not from a roll be logic ) With all that said its not the fastest ... I bought my si because , I like sport feeling steering and how the car handle. With little modification, this 1.5t can be a sleeper. Its a good racio between weight and power.

I bought it when I was an student and still a economic car for the power.

For sure if you want more power then 330lbs of torque , you might upgrade the internal or go for an other options.
Map 3 can really keep up with a 5.0? what mods are you running? i always stay on Map 2 even while roll racing. Yeah digs we definitely not winning . I stay spanking 6 cylinders (g35s, mustangs , chargers, challengers, camaros) that also includes 4 cylinders. i can definitely keep with my boy's 6.4 charger but eventually he always win not but much. these 1.5T can definitely be surprising.

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
I'm just suggesting that (long term) 300+ whp isn't a good idea for someone looking for a reliable 1.5T daily. And once you get into that type of power, beefing up internals, adding better brakes, stronger clutch etc. is also a wise move.
Also you have to take into consideration on whether or not you can keep the power to the ground. Unless you are chasing Dyno stats for the sake of saying you have XXXWHP in your car. At a certain point the cost/HP goes up considerably bc of reliability issues and supporting mods being needed.

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
If "destroying the bank" is a concern then just forget about anything over 300hp out of this car. Sure that turbo may get you there, but the reliability may be poor, and the supporting mods to put that power down and keep the car driveable will just be more money. 400-500hp is a pipe dream without a ton of money dropped in every system on the car, and even then good luck with it as a reliable DD. Hate being a downer but it's just 100% unrealistic.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just considered this and crunched some numbers...

300 whp for a car is, to me... still a pretty wild number. 200 whp/liter. Even things like supercharged Mustangs and Corvettes aren't anywhere near 1000/1240 whp respectively.

1000 whp out of a L15B7 is 667 whp/liter. If we tried to make a Coyote 5.0 do that... that's 3333 whp... and it gets to spread the load out across 2 banks of 4 cylinders. It'd have to produce far more torque than a diesel tractor trailer makes... and at it's redline to accomplish this feat.

Running the numbers at 24 ft^2 surface... .27 Cd... 3100 lbs (Si + driver)… you could reach 280 mph, assuming the gearing was there and you had enough road... almost Mach .3 at seal level.

It is a ridiculous number to start with. Asking this platform to do it is absolutely batshit*.

*Disclaimer: If anyone very dynos 1000 whp on a L15B7 car... please let me know so I can hail you an the most awesome person ever.

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I think people might have misunderstood some of what I was saying. I now realize that the SI is a limited platform. I mentioned 1000hp because some cars support that kind of power, ours just doesn't and it sucks. There are some built cars making really awesome power so that is motivating. I was just saying that I really want to take this platform to around 400hp which I dont think is completely unrealistic, just not easy. There are SI's out there spanking type Rs and thats where I want to be. I made it on the list to wait for an rv6 drop in turbo. I hear what you guys are saying about dependability much more than that. I think full bolt ons a drop in turbo and a good tune would most likely be fine as long as I dont hammer on it, or floor it in low rpm in 5th gear..

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I mentioned 1000hp because some cars support that kind of power, ours just doesn't and it sucks.
I'm old now but back in the day I loved my powerful muscle cars. Speed is addictive, no doubt.

I just don't understand someone saying "it sucks that we can't get these Civic econoboxes to 1000hp". What would you do with a 1000hp Civic on the street if by some pipe dream it could happen?

Call me weird but I'm pretty happy with my weak ass tuned Civic that pushes 220/250.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Map 3 can really keep up with a 5.0? what mods are you running? i always stay on Map 2 even while roll racing. Yeah digs we definitely not winning . I stay spanking 6 cylinders (g35s, mustangs , chargers, challengers, camaros) that also includes 4 cylinders. i can definitely keep with my boy's 6.4 charger but eventually he always win not but much. these 1.5T can definitely be surprising.
Well this day I pulled like 3-4 vs this guys (the mustang 5.0) because he was in my ass on the highway and I pulled the 4th gear. The first pull he didnt past me because of trafic and the second pull he passed me at 175-180km so I stoped . He was mad as fuck because he couldn't go away, after that I was always in his ass like he did to me.
Well one of my friend have an audi s4 2015 stage 1+ making 417 hp with his car and I'm only 1 car behind. His s4 keep it up with corvette lol

I try to not pull the 5th gears at WOT because of weak clutch !

Planning to go FBO and custom tune.

ktuner, tsp stage 1 map 3 , 27won intake and RRM .
Tires Firehawk Indy 500 245/35/18
94 oct petro-canada to keep 0.49 ;)
Next upgrade clutch , ccm & downpipe !

Last edited:

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
Well this day I pulled like 3-4 vs this guys (the mustang 5.0) because he was in my ass on the highway and I pulled the 4th gear. The first pull he didnt past me because of trafic and the second pull he passed me at 175-180km so I stoped . He was mad as fuck because he couldn't go away, after that I was always in his ass like he did to me.
Well one of my friend have an audi s4 2015 stage 1+ making 417 hp with his car and I'm only 1 car behind. His s4 keep it up with corvette lo

I try to not pull the 5th gears at WOT because of weak clutch !

Planning to go FBO and custom tune.

ktuner, tsp stage 1 map 3 , 27won intake and RRM .
Tires Firehawk Indy 500 245/35/18
94 oct petro-canada to keep 0.49 ;)
Next upgrade clutch , ccm & downpipe !
not bad :headbang:
im running
ktuner,tsp stage 1 map 2, k&n sri. megan racing dp/fp maperformance street
Next upgrade is definitely a intercooler ?
Sponsored