NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys, I am afraid after an intake, intercooler. DP and exhaust this thing is about out of options to make power. My plan was/is an rv6 drop in turbo upgrade when it comes out. After messing around with some guys with some serious power motors Im kind of kicking myself in the ass. There is no 1000hp civic si 10th gen stomping around out there. I think I've found out the platform is very limited, and its killing me. Im totally up to suggestions here. I am going turbo then a tune when the turbo comes out. Im sure that should set me well in the 300's on both HP/Torque. Other than that im broke but im thinking about a project car.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Suggestions?

If you're looking for a beast and a beast that's somewhat reliable, trade your sport/economy car in for something with a bit more muscle from the factory.

Without beefing up internals on a 1.5T, you're looking at a failure trying to go for super high power numbers.

Last edited:

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
You were hoping people would be pumping 1000hp out of a 1.5L Civic engine? LOL. Yes, the turbo allows great gains in power compared to factory output, but don't expect this tiny 4-banger to be achieving V8 levels of power unless you have tens of thousands of dollars on hand, multiple back-up engines, and a 2nd car

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly, front wheel drive is the worst platform if your intention is to make big power. All the power in the world won't matter if you have no traction.
100% Agreed, but I really didn't wanna say something like "You should've bought a Mustang.... or a 370Z."

Although, who doesn't want a 370z??? :drive:

CivicSiAgain

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
1000hp is insane. You should, however,
get a tune before doing anything else.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
1000hp is insane. You should, however,
get a tune before doing anything else.
Uhhh, yeah. But I'm pretty much 100% sure he already runs a tune.

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
You’re not getting 1000hp out of any car without big money, especially not getting it out of the 1.5T without deep pockets. Your best bet is to sell the car and get something more capable of big power if that’s all you want.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
100% Agreed, but I really didn't wanna say something like "You should've bought a Mustang.... or a 370Z."

Although, who doesn't want a 370z??? :drive:
Lol I literally looking at one for sale right now. The owner did all the mods I would have and has a great price. So damn tempting!

CivicSiAgain

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Uhhh, yeah. But I'm pretty much 100% sure he already runs a tune.
His post reads like he was going to wait and tune after he gets a turbo.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Lol this little 1.5t on tsp stage 1 map 3 keep it up with mustang 5.0l on 120-170 km and many others car . I passed ez an gla 45amg v6 twin turbo.( well not from a roll be logic ) With all that said its not the fastest ... I bought my si because , I like sport feeling steering and how the car handle. With little modification, this 1.5t can be a sleeper. Its a good racio between weight and power.

I bought it when I was an student and still a economic car for the power.

For sure if you want more power then 330lbs of torque , you might upgrade the internal or go for an other options.

Last edited:

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
I’m a little bit surprised to see people looking at Zs - I own one and LOVE it but....I have/been on here bc I have been considering a CTR - would be the daily and obviously some light modding. But overall, I would want to look to get something that would put down bigger power reliabLy. The Z is a great car but to produce BIG power - it will take some major $$ for everything - a really good and reliable turbo kit like Fast Intentions can easily put you in the $20k mark bc of supporting mods and install. Basically the increase jumps considerably once you turbo a NA engine.

Regardless - I’d recommend a Z - a balanced car that is a lot of fun and gives/has the true sports car feel to it. Adding HFC, intake and exhaust along with a tune - can net you around 320-330WHP so it’s not bad - its just when you decide to go turbo that things can and will become costly.

I think if I were looking for BIG power - I would look at a car that is already setup for it or look at a V8. In my mind, if I were looking - I would go with either Supra or a used GTR. The other setup would be Mustang GT - where you can add things like a supercharger and produce BIG power. I guess it’s all about what you are looking for but regardless, like most have said - then it becomes about how much you want to add to it etc. I’ve seen some people start off with the Supra and adding a DP and intake/exhaust and they are around 450WHP if not more. Just my .02 but good luck with whatever you decide.
Sponsored