• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

(Not available)For sale: 2020 CW type r. $38,000. Located in SoCal

Tsong

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Country flag
Hey guys, I’m putting up my 2020 type r for sale. It currently has 2000 miles on it and the miles will slightly go up.

just wanted to let every type r owner is that our cars hold value very well. I’m going to offer my car here first before I trade it in January. If you want to save yourself the crazy mark ups in SoCal, hit me up. I believe this is a fair price for a barely used type r that hasn’t been tuned. The dealership has offered to payoff my car when I trade it for a new truck.

The car has barely a few scuffs on the driver side and 2 of the wheels have slight rash on them. I was going to get rid of them for some Titan wheels before I made my decision to sell. Interior is pretty much untouched. I don’t believe anyone has sat in the back just the front two. Overall condition is 9.9/10 for the car.

The car has never been tuned. I just have tint, mud flaps, yellow laminx fog covers and a takeda intake on it. This here is over a 1000 dollars. Will provide oem intake as well.

HONESTLY, this car has been amazing. I would rate this car better than the golf r that I had before. I haven’t driven anything that can handle corners like this car. Power is very well done, even in stock form. Was going to keep this car for the long run, but we need a truck and my car is just a fun car, that no one can drive. The monthly payment Is too high for a car that only I can drive. I bought the car in may and only put 2000 miles on it.

I’m asking 38,000 for the car. I’m not trying to make any money. My car is currently being financed and I owe just slightly under that. My loss in mark up will be your gain. Also fuck dealerships that charge above MSRP. I’ll never buy another car above it. I thought i was getting a great deal since every dealer around me was doing 5-20 k mark ups. It’s seriously that bad here in so cal.

also anyone asking why I’m selling it here first and not trading it in is because the second I trade it in, the dealership will mark it back up. There was a used 2018 type r, 10 k miles, that was marked up when I bought mine. SMH. I’ll give it a month before I have to resort to that. I hope it finds a good home from someone here.

also if you Purchase my car, I’ll offer a brand new awe touring exhaust, acuity stage 3 shifter and cable bushings, and a red acuity shift knob for $1500 extra if you buy the car. These are all brand new and still in box. I paid just a little under 2000 for all these parts with shipping. If no one buys the car and I trade in the type r, I’ll part out the pieces then sell it at what I paid for.

my price is firm since I can get this price at the dealership.I’m going to leave my car here for about a month. If your seriously interested PM me and we will go from there. Since my car is being financed we will make plans accordingly to have the exchange. If you want more pictures, I’ll send them privately.
Honda Civic 10th gen (Not available)For sale: 2020 CW type r. $38,000. Located  in SoCal C40E0B71-1399-4971-BD54-BF58F2912E5F

Honda Civic 10th gen (Not available)For sale: 2020 CW type r. $38,000. Located  in SoCal 8AF78B8F-6ED6-4EEA-9594-FE3792CF16AE

chattanoogaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stinger
Country flag
my price is firm since I can get this price at the dealership.I’m going to leave my car here for about a month.
It's unfortunate you live in a state that does not allow trade in tax credit, but I'd still trade it in vs. waiting if I were you if they offered 38k, that is extremely generous.

OP
OP

Tsong

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Country flag
GLWS!! Should go quick at that price!
Thank you! I had a awe exhaust on my golf r and it was amazing. Bought one for the type r too, but now gotta sell. Gonna stay in the awe family for my next one if it’s available. Awesome products:)

OP
OP

Tsong

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Country flag
It's unfortunate you live in a state that does not allow trade in tax credit, but I'd still trade it in vs. waiting if I were you if they offered 38k, that is extremely generous.
Yes, the dealership will pay off my loan completely as long as I get a car from them. This is my my 4th car from them, but I would hate for my car to go back to being marked up big time. People who buy the cars there’s never try to negotiate msrp. They just accept. Saw a kid do that with 10k above. I negotiated mine for days before they finally came down and even still it was slightly above. Thanks for the advice though!

Lostr

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic type R
Country flag
GLWS.. mines been for sale about a month.. lots of low ballers... I'm in So cal as well. good price too...

every wants something for nothing these days. :)

OP
OP

Tsong

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Country flag
GLWS.. mines been for sale about a month.. lots of low ballers... I'm in So cal as well. good price too...

I agree bro. Goodluck with sale too.

'19Sport6Man

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport, 2013 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring
Country flag
If the dealership is offering you the same money you are trying to get private party, after all factors are considered, then you really should take their offer - as it is doubtful they will honor it after the new year.

With the wave of foreclosures and repos about to hit after everyone's unemployment and covid relief funds run out, selling an expensive car has gotten a lot harder.

And if I'm reading your post correctly, you don't have title in hand, which makes it a lot harder to find a buyer, IMO. I almost always buy private party as my state has no sales tax on private sales, and have bought several cars in the 40-50k range, paying for them in full - only ONCE did I purchase one where their was a lien and the bank held title.

Would NEVER do that again. Twice the hassle, and the buyer has to rely SOLELY on the seller's honor to get the title signed over to them after the bank sends it to them. And I even went into their bank physically and paid off the loan in the bank managers presence - but that doesn't matter. Was also unable to register and drive the car for about 6 weeks because of this. I daresay a lot of private buyers who have the funds to buy a $38k car are probably also not willing to deal with the hassle and risk of not having a clear title in hand.

OP
OP

Tsong

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Country flag
If the dealership is offering you the same money you are trying to get private party, after all factors are considered, then you really should take their offer - as it is doubtful they will honor it after the new year.

With the wave of foreclosures and repos about to hit after everyone's unemployment and covid relief funds run out, selling an expensive car has gotten a lot harder.

And if I'm reading your post correctly, you don't have title in hand, which makes it a lot harder to find a buyer, IMO. I almost always buy private party as my state has no sales tax on private sales, and have bought several cars in the 40-50k range, paying for them in full - only ONCE did I purchase one where their was a lien and the bank held title.

Would NEVER do that again. Twice the hassle, and the buyer has to rely SOLELY on the seller's honor to get the title signed over to them after the bank sends it to them. And I even went into their bank physically and paid off the loan in the bank managers presence - but that doesn't matter. Was also unable to register and drive the car for about 6 weeks because of this. I daresay a lot of private buyers who have the funds to buy a $38k car are probably also not willing to deal with the hassle and risk of not having a clear title in hand.
Thanks for the advice. I’m most likely taking the car in for a trade. I have a few weeks. I have it on email so I’m good.

chattanoogaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stinger
Country flag

Pretty much none of this is valid but you are entitled to your opinion.

The vast majority of vehicles are financed, and there is absolutely zero risk in buying and selling financed vehicles.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
...my car is just a fun car, that no one can drive. The monthly payment Is too high for a car that only I can drive...
Yes. This is exactly why I got a used Sport Hatch CVT. Wife can drive it when needed, very functional for transporting kids and stuff, still super fun to drive, and cost 1/3 that of a Type R.

BTW, GLWS! (or trade)

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Of course. The sellers mindset is that the buyer is being cheap. And the buyers mindset is that the seller is being too greedy. The fact that you can't sell it after a month should tell you something...

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, I’m putting up my 2020 type r for sale. It currently has 2000 miles on it and the miles will slightly go up.

just wanted to let every type r owner is that our cars hold value very well. I’m going to offer my car here first before I trade it in January. If you want to save yourself the crazy mark ups in SoCal, hit me up. I believe this is a fair price for a barely used type r that hasn’t been tuned. The dealership has offered to payoff my car when I trade it for a new truck.

The car has barely a few scuffs on the driver side and 2 of the wheels have slight rash on them. I was going to get rid of them for some Titan wheels before I made my decision to sell. Interior is pretty much untouched. I don’t believe anyone has sat in the back just the front two. Overall condition is 9.9/10 for the car.

The car has never been tuned. I just have tint, mud flaps, yellow laminx fog covers and a takeda intake on it. This here is over a 1000 dollars. Will provide oem intake as well.

HONESTLY, this car has been amazing. I would rate this car better than the golf r that I had before. I haven’t driven anything that can handle corners like this car. Power is very well done, even in stock form. Was going to keep this car for the long run, but we need a truck and my car is just a fun car, that no one can drive. The monthly payment Is too high for a car that only I can drive. I bought the car in may and only put 2000 miles on it.

I’m asking 38,000 for the car. I’m not trying to make any money. My car is currently being financed and I owe just slightly under that. My loss in mark up will be your gain. Also fuck dealerships that charge above MSRP. I’ll never buy another car above it. I thought i was getting a great deal since every dealer around me was doing 5-20 k mark ups. It’s seriously that bad here in so cal.

also anyone asking why I’m selling it here first and not trading it in is because the second I trade it in, the dealership will mark it back up. There was a used 2018 type r, 10 k miles, that was marked up when I bought mine. SMH. I’ll give it a month before I have to resort to that. I hope it finds a good home from someone here.

also if you Purchase my car, I’ll offer a brand new awe touring exhaust, acuity stage 3 shifter and cable bushings, and a red acuity shift knob for $1500 extra if you buy the car. These are all brand new and still in box. I paid just a little under 2000 for all these parts with shipping. If no one buys the car and I trade in the type r, I’ll part out the pieces then sell it at what I paid for.

my price is firm since I can get this price at the dealership.I’m going to leave my car here for about a month. If your seriously interested PM me and we will go from there. Since my car is being financed we will make plans accordingly to have the exchange. If you want more pictures, I’ll send them privately.
C40E0B71-1399-4971-BD54-BF58F2912E5F.png

8AF78B8F-6ED6-4EEA-9594-FE3792CF16AE.jpeg
As far as Socal goes to his is a great price being at this mileage. Hope you get what you're asking. Beats the $5-10k more dealers are actually selling them here. When I was in the market a couple years ago it was hard to find one here used under $37k used and usually they had at least over 5k miles. Socal is even worse pricewise for the 2020s. High demand equals higher price. So GLWS. I would have bought it had I not had my current ride. I will pass this info on to people I know in the market for an R.

'19Sport6Man

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport, 2013 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring
Country flag
Pretty much none of this is valid but you are entitled to your opinion.

The vast majority of vehicles are financed, and there is absolutely zero risk in buying and selling financed vehicles.

As I buy private party, and have done so several times, I would love the benefit of your knowledge and experience.

Perhaps instead of just stating my post is "invalid" (keeping in mind it is based on experience, COMPLETED private party transactions, both buying and selling), you could provide some real knowledge.

The ONLY way to mitigate the risk of buying a car private party where the title is not in hand, or if it is not a cash (direct customer to customer bank transaction) and requires financing, is to use an escrow service, which requires extra hassle and cost (the point I was making, that most people would like to avoid).
Sponsored