Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Like most of you, I have read more than a handful of threads about clutch failures once a tune and a few bolt ons have been added.

What I’m looking for here is the opposite, how many of you have been tuned for 10,000+ miles without clutch slippage? If so, please give some info about your setup and driving habits. I’ve read through the tuning survey thread and found some helpful relative info but I am hoping to dig up more instances of this here.

My Si is conservatively tuned at the moment with a 27won intake, hks exhuast, and the ktuner 19.5 base map being the most frequent tune driven on. However, I’m picking up the 27won race maf soon and am looking at an OTS tune next. Clutches apparently aren’t cheap or easy for these so I’m hoping there are some “feel good” stories out there although I know it’s only a matter of time.

I also read a few posts about limiting boost in 5th and 6th gear and to me, being new to this platform and tuning in general, it sounds like a great idea although I stay off the gas in general in those gears. Any reason this wouldn’t help clutch life?
Sponsored

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have a 27won intake and PRL downpipe currently, tuned on TSP stage 1 and on map 3 for about ~25k miles,

So far my clutch still doesn't slip but I never push it hard unless 3500rpm in 3rd or 4th, and ive only gone WOT a few times in 5th after redline shifting in 4th. My car is actually in the shop today getting the ACT clutch installed though just so I baby it during break-in before i figure out the CMC and put more parts on.

TSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the PRL “street” intake and the PRL downpipe also tuned on TSP stage 1 for about 15k miles and have no clutch slippage as of yet. I do drive conservative most of the time but when filming for a YouTube video I’ll go all out here and there lol.

OP
OP
topher_fc3

topher_fc3

First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I have a 27won intake and PRL downpipe currently, tuned on TSP stage 1 and on map 3 for about ~25k miles,

So far my clutch still doesn't slip but I never push it hard unless 3500rpm in 3rd or 4th, and ive only gone WOT a few times in 5th after redline shifting in 4th. My car is actually in the shop today getting the ACT clutch installed though just so I baby it during break-in before i figure out the CMC and put more parts on.
Thanks for the response and info, nice to hear you’ve gotten that kind of mileage with that map. What made you decide to go for the ACT clutch kit before having any clutch slippage?

I have the PRL “street” intake and the PRL downpipe also tuned on TSP stage 1 for about 15k miles and have no clutch slippage as of yet. I do drive conservative most of the time but when filming for a YouTube video I’ll go all out here and there lol.
Nice! Any links of your videos I can check out?

Reactions: TSI

TSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, here’s one of my videos of the sound clips I’ve made on my car, I’m sure you’ve probably seen it before but I have a couple other videos on my channel stating what I have and what I’ve gone through with it.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
15k miles on TSP stage 1 map 3, and an additional over 6k miles after FBO and TD03 swap on stock clutch. Granny driving in town (I like to laugh at stoplight racers when I get to the light next to them). Occasional highway on-ramp pulls and 60 roll pulls

Last edited:

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the response and info, nice to hear you’ve gotten that kind of mileage with that map. What made you decide to go for the ACT clutch kit before having any clutch slippage?

Honestly at this point I consider myself lucky considering others clutch issues, along with the fact that I only want to push harder even before more bolt-ons and a tune without worry.

TIP and race MAF waiting. not much left when i start installing

Refried_Loaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 civic '19 civic si
Country flag
Just got to 30k a few days ago, still stock clutch and feels the exact same since I got the car new. Catted downpipe, custom exhaust with IMW Tune. Daily driver, left on "MAP 2" for the most part and switch to 3 here and there, actually had a stock car cash days and participated in that. Tune has been on the car since Feb of last year

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm not on an Si but I'll add my experience anyway.

Probably have around 20km tuned on my clutch. Most of that is TSP 1 always in Map 3. I control power with my foot rather than maps most of the time. No signs of clutch wear whatsoever. I'm FBO at this point minus a turbo.

I'm getting a competition stage 2 kit installed as a precaution. I'm still debating the turbo but either way I want to get a full custom tune. DRob warned me I may lose the clutch at that point so I want my ducks in a row to ensure I don't have any issues later.

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
We have the ACT Clutch Kit installed in our Blue Si, with just over 3k miles. Have done 3 roadtrips, 2 track days, and daily driving for about 2 months now without any issues :) 0 rev-hang, clutch pedal isn't super heavy, and no slip! More impressions here and available for purchase via our site:

https://unity-performance.com/produ...ch-kit-civic-1-5t?_pos=1&_sid=2294b397a&_ss=r
Along with this kit, any other parts to buy that you recommend getting as one big bundle for the install?

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Along with this kit, any other parts to buy that you recommend getting as one big bundle for the install?
PRL SS Line, and KZ CMC. CDV Delete too

Haven't had any lockouts with mine. Ensured all was in working order before we added them to the site :)

av31094

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been tuned since 5k now at 47k first started off with Vit stage 1, no slip , only what i thought was slip but was actually CDV , when removed i was able to rip it 100% , switched to TSP Stage 1, no slip either ran that til about 11k miles ago, running TSP Stage 2 map 3 , e35 blend with FBO except catback, and DP is RV6 Catted, no slip, i do kinda baby it tho, will usually only do 3rd gear pulls to redline and on ramp pulls etc, ive always wondered if the initial claims of weak clutches were due to bad drivers, but i see Drob always recommends clutches which is mainly the reason i will be going act street next year with a turbo upgrade hopefully ( and get me a Drob tune!:headbang:),

Refried_Loaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 civic '19 civic si
Country flag
Been tuned since 5k now at 47k first started off with Vit stage 1, no slip , only what i thought was slip but was actually CDV , when removed i was able to rip it 100% , switched to TSP Stage 1, no slip either ran that til about 11k miles ago, running TSP Stage 2 map 3 , e35 blend with FBO except catback, and DP is RV6 Catted, no slip, i do kinda baby it tho, will usually only do 3rd gear pulls to redline and on ramp pulls etc, ive always wondered if the initial claims of weak clutches were due to bad drivers, but i see Drob always recommends clutches which is mainly the reason i will be going act street next year with a turbo upgrade hopefully ( and get me a Drob tune!:headbang:),
I honestly think the samething about the clutches going out so early. When upgrading I can see it but people killing clutches while being virtually stock or just bolt ons kinda had me skeptical. I dont claim to be the best driver but if I can make it to 30k while others cant make it past 5k at times Im going to ask questions lol

OP
OP
topher_fc3

topher_fc3

First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Really good to hear of some happy clutches on cars with tunes + bolt ons.

I am picking up the race maf tomorrow and went ahead and ordered the phearable stage 1.5 (godless) tune to add this week as well.
Sponsored