Not a good first day

Jt_theory

CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ABM Civic Type R
Country flag
That's terrible. Sorry to see this. Unless you have the wheel insurance, perhaps a nearby wheel repair shop if they're open during this pandemic. I'm sure they're willing to strike a deal to repair through these trying times. Best of luck! Hope nothing further happens to your ride!
Sponsored

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sucks! You gonna fix it or just get a aftermarket set of wheels?

OP
OP

rojohi

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatch Sport, 2018 CW CTR
Country flag
That sucks! You gonna fix it or just get a aftermarket set of wheels?
It's holding air just fine and don't seem to have any other issues, so right now I think it's just cosmetic.

I do have wheel insurance, however I haven't decided what my plans are yet for long term. May just paint the damage on the wheel and see where I go from there.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I purchased the tire / rim insurance, and have a claim - or two - already. the weird one is that the left rear rim has a gouge and I don't remember hitting or scraping anything with it. the right rim gouge and tire slice was due to a deep and wide pothole I went through. Or a right turn on a curb that jutted out, before I got used to the large turning circle. You cannot cut corners too closely with the CTR unless you swing out further first before cutting the wheel. it is easy to be fine on the front and have the ack wheel catch. Also easy to ding the front lip when parking if you are not adjusted. I park so I am at least 6-12 inches away when pulling in, better than pulling in a few inches too far. The front lip on a CTR will not slide over any curb that is even medium high, let alone a high curb or barrier.
I had a very, very rough first week. now, a few months later, I am used to the car and no further issues in that area.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Man, sorry to hear about this. Always sad when you get that first bit of damage on a new car.

I’m in the Boston area and I’ve hit some potholes here and there and thank God no damage. Like it jarred the car pretty hard, and the rims are fine. No shimmies at 100mph as of yesterday.
One weird thing I noticed when I rolled my summer tires out of the shed when swapping the tires is how soft the rubber is. There were a bunch of pebbles embedded in the rubber and when I removed a few there were divots left in the rubber. Never saw tires like this and I used to work at an Acura dealer years ago but never dealt with this type of compound.
Sponsored