North Carolina Thread

Hsoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Country flag
Hey all,

I am in Asheville, and just got a 2017 SI. Love the car, but had some questions regarding emissions. I was wanted to get a tune and a downpipe/frontpipe, but do we pass emissions with these parts? Anyone familiar with the testing in this state?
Sponsored

gimpy9195

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ST
Country flag
I am also in NC, Raleigh area, new to the area and haven't smogged yet. Also, not a tuner.

From their website, it's OBD connection, probably looking for codes in specific counties.

----------------------------
In conjunction with an annual safety inspection, motor vehicles registered in 22 North Carolina counties in the table below must undergo an on-board diagnostic emissions inspection as part of requirements to keep air quality standards in compliance with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency guidelines.*
----------------------------
source:
https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/title-registration/emissions-safety/Pages/emissions-inspections.aspx

diablo2424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I would get your inspection done before getting the downpipe/frontpipe. My Civic Sport is just a TSP Stage 1 Tune, stock exhaust, but my other car (2016 Jetta GLI Unitronic Stage 2) has a downpipe with high-flow cat, and won't pass emissions here in NC.
Sponsored