HHolt

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (CVT)
Country flag
I’ve had my 2021 Fk7 Sport AT for almost a year now and I want o start doing research on a suspension setup. After coming from a 8” lifted tacoma I immediately got a speeding ticket in my civic in the first month, so my build is strictly going to be for asthetic purposes only. I’d like to get a set of coilovers first and then purchase some wheels/tires. I’ve done some reading on coilover setups but this is all way different than tacoma suspension so I’m lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Here is my car currently.

mods list:
- black side markers
- yellow fog covers and LEDs
- led headlight bulbs
- gloss black roof wrap
- swap side mirror caps to black
- installed motorized side mirrors
- faux carbon trim interior
- all weather mats floor/trunk/back seat protector

Honda Civic 10th gen Noob. Go easy 7771EC51-8FF1-4AB4-B17E-84F478495C0B
Sponsored

OP
OP

HHolt

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
car looks great to me,

save your money

what is new suspension going to improve? besides making your car "feel cool"?

can't believe how many people throw money out the window on useless mods,

your driving a honda civic
My previous tacoma was pretty heavily modded, granted I did most of the fabbing and installing so I saved lots of money there, but I definitely agree with you on “useless” mods. I agree that it’s a $28k civic and that’s why I won’t be doing any “performance” upgrades. The drop kit and wheels would purely be for my own self pleasure. I think I spent somewhere near $10k on the tacoma so to spend a couple grand on this car wouldn’t be bad.

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
car looks great to me,

save your money

You must be new to modding if you think new suspension doesn't improve anything.

With some bolt ons and tunes these cars are extremely capable even if they are CVT.

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Capable of what?

Being embarrassed by a grandpa driving a stock camry, on a Sunday morning drive to church?
Do you own a 10th gen Civic? Just wondering.

To the OP, getting a KTuner with a tune will really change how your car feels. Many agree it's probably the best bang for your buck mod. A lot of people here, including myself, recommend the Phearable 1.5R tune.

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes,

I bought it for its intended purpose of reliability and economy,

If I wanted something with power and speed, I would have bought a sports car,
You might want to research how quick and nimble even a 1.5T Civic can be before thinking a Camry would overtake a 10th gen.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
martyyyyy - here's the thing. YOU may think it's a waste. Many would disagree.

I've been modding "economy cars" for over 30 years. Some people buy a car from the factory and decide they maybe just want more from it.

With my Civic, I felt like from the factory the car needed some improvements. And modding for a lot of people, is just fun.

With simple upgrades like a bigger rear sway bar, front strut bar and a tune, my car feels way more competent on the road than it did stock.

It's been reliable and my gas mileage is essentially the same as stock if I don't go deep into the throttle.

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You might want to do more research on a camry before thinking a 1.5 civic is "all that"

Even a tuned 1.5 ain't keeping up with a stock camry
Are we talking equal price point?

If so, we can compare the 2.5L 4cyl Camry that has 203hp/184 lb-ft of torque. A quick google search of a tune and you get 238hp/216tq. Great gains!

Now let's compare with a 1.5T Civic with 180hp/177 tq. Another quick google search for Phearable tune and you get.... 220hp/268 tq...

Now I wonder which one would win? 🤔 Are you sure a tuned Civic wouldn't keep up with a stock Camry? 🤔

Now if you're talking about the TRD V6 Camry let's compare it with the Civic Type R.

I don't think I have to further discuss why it's just not even a comparison at this point.

Last edited:

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Are we talking equal price point?

If so, we can compare the 2.5L 4cyl Camry that has 203hp/184 lb-ft of torque. A quick google search of a tune and you get 238hp/216tq. Great gains!

Now let's compare with a 1.5T Civic with 180hp/177 tq. Another quick google search for Phearable tune and you get.... 220hp/268 tq...

Now I wonder which one would win? 🤔 Are you sure a tuned Civic wouldn't keep up with a stock Camry? 🤔

Now if you're talking about the TRD V6 Camry let's compare it with the Civic Type R.

I don't think I have to further discuss why it's just not even a comparison at this point.
Not to mention that the camry at the lowest weighs 3,200 pounds. My hatch with phearable weighs just around 3,000 flat

zero no shoten

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You have to be trolling talking like this on a forum based around modified 10th gen Civics. Why would you even be here otherwise?

OP
OP

HHolt

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dumpster fire like tacomaworld all over again. I thought I left that kind of forum when I traded in my Tacoma.

thanks for the great info guys...

Don’t worry about my finances. I’m asking about a cosmetic lowering kit. I pay a company to handle my finances.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
If you have money to burn, you can do whatever you want,

Ever consider making monthly donations to a children's hospital?

Just something to think about, before throwing money away on unnecessary items,

That money could go to good use elsewhere, besides throwing it away,

Children need medical care, do you really need that new suspension or mods?
Bro, stfu with your virtue signaling. Save that shit for reddit.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@HHolt to give you some real answers.. and to help show that not all of us wanna flame you for doing what you wanna do with your ride..

How much of a drop you looking at and how much are you budgeting for suspension mods?

If you want something modest (but, according to coworkers is def noticeable), you can grab some Si springs and they'll drop right in, give you a 10mm drop (just shy of half an inch). I did that on my FK7. Stiffens up the rear end a lot more than it does the front, so there's food for thought. If you want a bit more of a drop, eibach pro kit drops you just shy of an inch, and the sportlines will get you closer to 1.5". I personally haven't researched much in the way of coilovers since I was adamant about keeping this one stock, but that went out the window real fast.

Some FK8 stuff bolts right up. I have the front lower chassis brace (was like $20) and the rear sway bar (I nabbed one before Honda hiked the price up by like $150). If you look at my vehicle showcase, I got part numbers listed.

Strut bars, there are a good handful that are good single piece designs, 27WON, whiteline, DC sports, just to name a few.

bigf007dreams

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Honda Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You have to be trolling talking like this on a forum based around modified 10th gen Civics. Why would you even be here otherwise?
yes. troll. dont feed it!

ManuGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-T & '02 Mazda Miata LS
Country flag
Disregard the troll, I don't think it is representative of this community. For the most part, people here are helpful and supportive.

As far as mods, I would go for tires before suspension IMO. Tires are usually disregarded when doing performance mods and they are a critical component for handling. Besides a tune, I think a good set of summer tires are the most important performance-oriented mod you can do to this car (or generally to any car for that matter).

I like what you've done so far to make it yours. I hope you continue enjoying your Civic, it is a great little car. I've owned an array of cars and the Civic being a compact car, surprises me more and more with its nimble handling and gas efficiency. I've driven 2,600 miles since the beginning of the month, of which approx. 1,600 are tuned miles and I am very happy with it.

Cheers

Vtec_Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
car looks great to me,

save your money

Yet you’re on a civic forum 😂 admins let a Karen in by accident
Sponsored