First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I recently got a @KTuner V1.2 and am in the process of finding out what 'tune' and options works best for me.

I've read somewhere that the Stage 2 base map is the same as the Starter Dual Eco/21 map, but the Starter map doesn't have any of the 'options' enabled and you have to go through and set your quick adjustments.

My question is, if I load the Stage 2 map, what options are selected and/or what level they are at?

Like for example, is Throttle Responsiveness at Intermediate I or since its Stage 2 is it at Intermediate II?

I guess I'm just trying to get the feel of the Stage 2, but with the ECO button options. What does the ECO button do when loading a Stage 1 or Stage 2? Is it factory Eco, Normalized Eco or Normalized Eco/Sport+?

Maybe having the quick adjustments shown for the Stage 1 and 2, but grayed out just so we have a base line when creating/editting starter maps? Or is hiding them on purpose?

Besides this and TunerView not showing my slot descriptions (ugh have to remember what tunes are where) I am super happy with the v1.2 and the change in power band. Need to fine tune my options and possibly get a different mount so I can use the Dash Camera option.

Thanks for the help guys.
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Stage 2 is custom, not using quick adjustments. You can't replicate it directly with the quick adjustments, but you can surpass it. Spool set to improved and responsiveness set to improved will get you close.

OP
OP

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stage 2 is custom, not using quick adjustments. You can't replicate it directly with the quick adjustments, but you can surpass it. Spool set to improved and responsiveness set to improved will get you close.
@KTuner can you tell me what the ECO setting is when using Stage 2? Is it the ECO map? Normal non-eco map? Granted the likelihood of using ECO is minimal haha.

Thanks for the update. Guessing improved will get me close....will aggressive surpass it?

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
Stage 2 is stage 2 all the time.

Yes, definitely.
I think he meant to ask about the dual map and if eco setting is the same as the stock eco setting with no tune loaded. Based on what I have seen so far driving my car with a dual tune I would say that when in eco mode it is the same as the eco mode is when my car was stock with no flash but I haven’t read anything to confirm.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I think he meant to ask about the dual map and if eco setting is the same as the stock eco setting with no tune loaded. Based on what I have seen so far driving my car with a dual tune I would say that when in eco mode it is the same as the eco mode is when my car was stock with no flash but I haven’t read anything to confirm.
On stage 2 there is no separate ECO setting. They're both stage 2. He would need the dual tune setup to have ECO be different.

ECO mode with factory boost targets will still be a little more powerful than factory because some factory limitations have been lifted. Then with quick adjustments, drivability can still be pretty different than factory.

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
On stage 2 there is no separate ECO setting. They're both stage 2. He would need the dual tune setup to have ECO be different.

ECO mode with factory boost targets will still be a little more powerful than factory because some factory limitations have been lifted. Then with quick adjustments, drivability can still be pretty different than factory.
So, if I understand, with Dual Tune, when in Eco Mode, the car still has factory boost, but has faster turbo spool, less turbo lag, etc.? So, Eco Mode in dual tune should be an improvement over factory "normal" (non-Eco) performance?

SilverArrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5 T. Sport
Country flag
Yes. As well as other limitations removed so it will hit full boost target etc.
Then,
in map "starter dual target 21 psi", we will have:
- ECO mode on, similar to "starter 16,5 psi"
- ECO mode off, equal to "starter 21 psi"
Is it right?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Then,
in map "starter dual target 21 psi", we will have:
- ECO mode on, similar to "starter 16,5 psi"
- ECO mode off, equal to "starter 21 psi"
Is it right?
No. ECO on gives you factory boost levels. ECO off gives you 21 psi.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
In normal driving without the Econ button pressed, you get 21 psi.

When you press the Econ button (green leaf on dash) you get the factory boost curve. But, if you've adjusted things like like throttle and spool and ramp, driveability will be more responsive than stock.

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Let me try this again...

In normal driving without the Econ button pressed, you get 21 psi max target.

When you press the Econ button (green leaf on dash) you get the factory boost setup. But, if you've adjusted quick adjustments like throttle and turbo responsiveness and ramp, driveability will be peppier than stock.
Ok Gtman, now i have understood.
Thanks again.

SilverArrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi,

for my ECU 5AN-E32 still i have the initial support, that provides these quick adjustments only:

- Turbo Responsiveness
- Turbo Spool
- Boost Target Ramp Rate

I loaded "Starter dual target 21 psi" map, so i set these quick adjustments in the following mode:

- Turbo Responsiveness Improved Responsiveness III
- Turbo Spool Improved Spool II
- Boost Target Ramp Rate Aggressive Ramp II

My question is this: in the Stage 2 map, how they are set these quick adjustments?

I ask this, because i had some test with "Stage 2" and "Starter dual target 21 psi" maps, and i think the "Stage 2" is most aggressive.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english....:(