Non-SI/CTR owners, how often do you drive your car hard/ do WOT pulls? Any issues?

Non-SI/CTR owners, how often do you drive your car hard/ do WOT pulls?

• Total voters

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know the tuned+reliability thread covers some of this but I figure the focus was specific enough to warrant its own post plus it includes non-tuned users.

You can define (and preferably clarify in a comment) what it means to drive hard. Whether that's tracking, autocrossing, 1/4 mile, street racing (in Mexico) or just doing WOT pulls. Also, post what year your car is and if you've had any issues. I'll start.

2019 Hatch. So far so good with issues. I do WOT pulls maybe once a week. Especially now that I've thrown a few mods into the engine, it's hard to resist ;). Never to the track or autocross though. It's still an economy daily driver for me so nothing too crazy. I do put it into sport mode for lighter spirited driving on my way home a few times a week though.
Sponsored

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I drive like an old lady and rarely go over 5 above the posted speed limit in my car. ? I also accelerate pretty slowly.

If I'm in the mood for speeding, I hop on my motorcycle and hit the back roads.

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i did some solo mountain run yesterday it is a few kilometers of hard corners uphill when i was returning back home at the bottom i meet 2 cars goin fast uphill ford fiesta ST and civic type r fn2 i turned around and soon i catched the type r, fiesta was a little but forward, i was surprised how easy civic sport 10th gen could hold up with type r, i had zero issues following him and i was faster in corners also, when he got some understeer my car was still totaly fine and could go faster, i dont know if i could keep up with ford but it was tuned for sure, very low to the ground and with semi-slicks :) it was the best time with this car i had so far, i was driving faster that i would like but it was nice adrenaline rush...

i do WOT mostly daily, but only when car is fully warmed up, when coolant is at operating temperature i always drive another 8-10km so oil gets to temperature also, when engine is warm i dont see why i wouldnt WOT, ofc i only use full gas above 3-4k rpm, and with manual i nevers slam shift but rather shift slowly, this transmission hate to be slammed...
when i do some fast driving i am always surprised how well this car can do corners for the price and for what it is made to be (family hauler) :) coilovers and better tires totaly transformed driving, but sacrificed comfort

S2000IsGoat

First Name
Great Question
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport / 04 S2000 AP2 (RIP)
Country flag
WOT all the time. Regret not getting the type r :C

OP
OP
DaiLo

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i did some solo mountain run yesterday it is a few kilometers of hard corners uphill when i was returning back home at the bottom i meet 2 cars goin fast uphill ford fiesta ST and civic type r fn2 i turned around and soon i catched the type r, fiesta was a little but forward, i was surprised how easy civic sport 10th gen could hold up with type r, i had zero issues following him and i was faster in corners also, when he got some understeer my car was still totaly fine and could go faster, i dont know if i could keep up with ford but it was tuned for sure, very low to the ground and with semi-slicks :) it was the best time with this car i had so far, i was driving faster that i would like but it was nice adrenaline rush...

i do WOT mostly daily, but only when car is fully warmed up, when coolant is at operating temperature i always drive another 8-10km so oil gets to temperature also, when engine is warm i dont see why i wouldnt WOT, ofc i only use full gas above 3-4k rpm, and with manual i nevers slam shift but rather shift slowly, this transmission hate to be slammed...
when i do some fast driving i am always surprised how well this car can do corners for the price and for what it is made to be (family hauler) :) coilovers and better tires totaly transformed driving, but sacrificed comfort
Damn I wish I had mountains near me, that sounds like a blast. Do you have any mods?

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn I wish I had mountains near me, that sounds like a blast. Do you have any mods?
just coilovers, and some better tires i will keep engine stock this car has to last me at least 10-12 years ?

quakaroaks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sp, 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
6MT Hatch. No issues so far. I only drive it hard if I have to make an aggressive pass on the highway or wring out the upper RPM range if merging on a very short on ramp. Running on TSP Stage 1 Tune on the factory map.

2020k20c2sport

N/A_AllDay2.0
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sedan Sport
Country flag
I've got an non modded (minus the throttle pedal spacer) 2020 civic sport sedan. Honestly this car is fun as is but I do really want to get the Ktuner just to wake it up a little bit. Sometimes I'll go WOT from a red light up to the speed limit in colorado so aka 10 over lmao. We have plenty of roundabouts that I enjoy going around in second gear. I had the CVT before this 6mt and I almost never wanted to go WOT because it was just so annoying to me anyways.

rileyj98

First Name
riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe
Country flag
I have an 18 lx coupe manual with the 2.0 and whenever I go for a cruise I’m going wide open throttle through 1rst and 2nd usually lol I ain’t gonna lie I beat the piss out of my car and it just ran out of warranty but hasn’t missed a beat yet or shown any signs of abuse! I just do oil changes at 50% oil life and change the trans fluid twice as often as recommended along with pulling my brakes apart every 3-6 months and servicing them and frankly it’s in better shape then most cars I’ve seen on the road
Sponsored