Non-Si 1.5T Phearable Tuners - Favourite stock map

RyzenShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport
Country flag
Of the stock maps, which is your favourite and which do you use the most, whether they are the one and same or different.
Sponsored

Pistl_Pete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For casual driving around town I usually leave it on map 1. It feels like how stock should have been. When I want to drive more aggressively or feel I might need the extra power, like when merging onto a busy highway I go to map 2. I haven't tried map 3 yet because I have not had the tune for that long and to be honest 24psi with my CVT scares me a bit

chrono111

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
My favorite is map 2. It's what I use daily. To me power seems to spool a little faster down low and plenty of top end power. Map 3 seems a little more on off. Once you get to 3k it's explosive. I only go map 3 if I'm on the highway and I feel like going into beast mode. Map 1 seems like a more responsive stock level mode.

vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
My favorite is map 2. It's what I use daily. To me power seems to spool a little faster down low and plenty of top end power. Map 3 seems a little more on off. Once you get to 3k it's explosive. I only go map 3 if I'm on the highway and I feel like going into beast mode. Map 1 seems like a more responsive stock level mode.
thanks chrono,
Have you tried Map 3 as your day to day, too much? By on off, at below 3k is it still responsive when on demand throttle is needed for low end pick up acceleration?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
below 3k is it still responsive when on demand throttle is needed for low end pick up acceleration?
Like I've tried to explain to you in a couple threads, you may not be happy with this tune for your driving style. You've been driving that aggressive down low KTuner tune for years.

The off the shelf tunes like Phearable and TSP are much softer down low to protect the CVT. They also have a much more linear throttle feel and take a more deliberate throttle press to get into power down low.

The Phearable tune in particular is smooth as silk. Where these tunes shine is in midrange and upper rpm punch. Around town though you might be disappointed.

Last edited:

vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
Like I've tried to explain to you in a couple threads, you may not be happy with this tune for your driving style. You've been driving that aggressive down low KTuner tune for years.

The off the shelf tunes like Phearable and TSP are much softer down low to protect the CVT. They also have a much more linear throttle feel and take a more deliberate throttle press to get into power down low.

The Phearable tune in particular is smooth as silk. Where these tunes shine is in midrange and upper rpm punch. Around town though you might be disappointed.
gtman - I think I'm willing to try it, I get what you are sayin and you've explained it pretty well about driving styles, aggressive and so on as a former Ktuner user:thumbsup:. Just reaching out to share info more experiences from other Phearable users. We love our 1.5T's, and want to get the most performance and want them to last.

Phearable looks to be the one. Simple rough graph comparison of CVT dyno estimates of HP gains explain it all. They show 2 totally different HP/ torque ramps. If I'm reading it right at 3500 rpm Phearable is at 170+/- HP(!) vs. Ktuner is at 110-120 HP, at 4000 rpm 185+/-HP vs. Ktuner 150+/- HP....Ktuner eventually peaks out at 200+/- HP. Phearable HP just keeps surging past Ktuner and peaks and maintains 220 HP with very little fall off. Not much else to say.
Honda Civic 10th gen Non-Si 1.5T Phearable Tuners - Favourite stock map Phearable non- stage 1.5 CVT Dyno Estimate

Honda Civic 10th gen Non-Si 1.5T Phearable Tuners - Favourite stock map Ktuner non- stage 1.5 CVT Dyno Estimate

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
I leave it on Map 3. I just take it easy around town/while it's warming up. Feels just fine for daily use, to me anyway. Driving styles vary though, and mine is more on the reserved side.

IonEX-T

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-t
Country flag
Always on map 3, but the times I've used map 1 and 2 they feel better than I thought they would.
Sponsored