Noisy scraping sound coming from rear wheels (brakes?) in the morning

maxvelocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
My 2018Si does this after sitting a couple days. I get thumping noise as if the tire is not round. Goes away after a couple braking.
Sponsored

von15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic
I am getting this sound also but it's when the brakes are applied and it has not gone away after 9 days of driving. It started after sitting idle in my driveway while away on vacation. Dealer says it's rust on rotors but they can't explain why it hasn't gone away yet. Can anyone shed some light on why this is persisting for so long?

von15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic
I am getting this sound also but it's when the brakes are applied and it has not gone away after 9 days of driving. It started after sitting idle in my driveway while away on vacation. Dealer says it's rust on rotors but they can't explain why it hasn't gone away yet. Can anyone shed some light on why this is persisting for so long?
So I heard from the dealer. They cannot specify the issue but believe they have to rebuild the entire rear brake system and are ordering parts for next week. They call it an "engineer investigation" which sounds to me like a build defect rather than a parts defect.

J2018hatch

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
So I heard from the dealer. They cannot specify the issue but believe they have to rebuild the entire rear brake system and are ordering parts for next week. They call it an "engineer investigation" which sounds to me like a build defect rather than a parts defect.
Same problem with noise and rust, only on rear wheels only. Mine were to the point of rust with a couple of deep grooves from pads. The car does not sit long periods idle. Dealer said rotor issue is not covered by warranty since calipers move freely in "maintenance mode". They suggest turn rotors, new pads at my cost.

I'll post pictures next time wheel is off.
Sponsored