n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Nit picking? Sure. Annoying? Absolutely.

2019 Civic Hatchback EX

There is a very annoying sort of squeaking/rubbing/etc noise when I flex the driver side door panel. Whether I gently push using my hand, or more annoying when driving and my left knee just happens to slightly push on it.

My 2018 didn’t have this issue, not the occasional rattling I hear sometimes from the center dash. Seems QC continues a downward trajectory but that is another topic.

I have had it at the dealership twice for other issues and both times they said they had taken the panel off and put out back on but couldn’t find anything odd. None of the other doors have this noise, and some rare days the driver door doesn’t either, to really complicate things, but most days it does.

Anyone experiencing this or have ideas? I didn’t want to mess with the door and such and have them say I did something while under warranty, but they don’t seem to be able to do anything.
Sponsored

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
take off the panel and look for rub marks on the back side,that would show any contact points.if it was an older car out of warranty i would suggest a dab of cauling in the rub spot areas.