Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
  • Banned

Has anyone experience this? Its been like this since i bought the car, i currently have 3600 miles on it. I wanted to see if anyone has the same problem before i have to go to dealer.
Sponsored

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Is the noise more evident under colder temperatures? I had the same issue,

https://www.civicx.com/threads/2018...ing-wheel-crunching-noise-when-turning.23748/

I took my car to the dealer, they explained that it was the reel assembly causing the noise. Basically the grease inside the steering wheel that makes contact with some stuff (for steering wheel button controls) is causing the noise, and that it’s normal. Only way to get it fixed is to replace the entire unit because by opening up the assembly and re-greasing it will throw up an airbag light.

Hope this helps!

bmedhat

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sedan ex 2.0 liters
Country flag
I had this very similar problem with my 2018 civic. I lubricated the exposed 3 springs that help actuate the horn on the back of the airbag unit and the problem went away. Apparently, the screws that hold the unit in place sit on a bracket that also houses these horn springs so that any tension felt on the unit is transmitted through these springs.
Sponsored