Noise from aftermarket LEDs common in cold temperatures?

imccly89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT WOP
Country flag
I have a 17 HB Sport and installed cheap eBay LED bulbs in my low beams in the spring. Everything seemed fine and I've been very happy with them until about 6 weeks ago when it started getting cold. Now, when I start my car below ~40°F, I get a fairly loud humming sound when the headlights are on. This sounds different than the normal fan sound from the LEDs. Is this sound common? Would this sound go away with a nicer set of LED bulbs? Any recommendations? I've tried searching about this problem and haven't found anything helpful. Thanks for reading!

Edit: I should say that the noise goes away after a few minutes of the car running. It's not the end of the world, but it is annoying.
Sponsored

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I have a 17 HB Sport and installed cheap eBay LED bulbs in my low beams in the spring. Everything seemed fine and I've been very happy with them until about 6 weeks ago when it started getting cold. Now, when I start my car below ~40°F, I get a fairly loud humming sound when the headlights are on. This sounds different than the normal fan sound from the LEDs. Is this sound common? Would this sound go away with a nicer set of LED bulbs? Any recommendations? I've tried searching about this problem and haven't found anything helpful. Thanks for reading!

Edit: I should say that the noise goes away after a few minutes of the car running. It's not the end of the world, but it is annoying.
Could depend entirely on the brand specs. I have some cheap no name LED headlights and while they look and work great the fans are loud af all the time. I don’t hear it until I turn the car off though.

OP
OP

imccly89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT WOP
Country flag
Could depend entirely on the brand specs. I have some cheap no name LED headlights and while they look and work great the fans are loud af all the time. I don’t hear it until I turn the car off though.
Yeah maybe I should just try a nicer set of bulbs. When it's not cold out, though, there's only a minor whirring nose when there engine is off which is totally fine by me.
Sponsored