amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I guess all I can do is keep changing the oil every 5000 miles and monitor the situation. I was hoping for a car that lasts over 200K miles and I have fully paid my 2018 Si off. I have smelled gas a couple of times when first starting up in the extreme cold but, I do not smell any gas in the oil itself. Does that mean I am getting no real oil dilution, because I have no smell of gas in the oil?
Let me give you some advise. Stick to the MM, and change the oil when it tells you to. Modern day synthetics can easily go 8K to 10K. I changed my oil after 7K of very hard driving while being tuned on TSP Stage 1 (I still had 20 percent left on the MM) and sent it to Blackstone labs for analysis. Basically the oil was in excellent condition, everything was normal. They told me the oil still had 2 to 3K of life left on it. Save yourself some money and follow the MM
Sponsored

vieux georges

First Name
georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017civic si coupe
Country flag
In addition to the pistons connecting rods, turbo, there are also inlet camshaft, injectors, fuel pump, flywheel, power train control modul, intake diameter and maf...and I probably forget some. With the age, we forget more easily.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
... Uh oh...

Honda Civic 10th gen No, your 1.5L engine is not going to break Screenshot_20191118-213802_Hondata

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your post history.....

Fuck me right? Hahahahahaha

I figured it out. My fuel trims were way off and realized a clamp after the maf to my intake was loose and there was a small gap in the intake hose. Just cleared codes and hopefully that's the end of that. Trims are within ±5 again.

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Fuck me right? Hahahahahaha

I figured it out. My fuel trims were way off and realized a clamp after the maf to my intake was loose and there was a small gap in the intake hose. Just cleared codes and hopefully that's the end of that. Trims are within ±5 again.
good to hear bro

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
good to hear bro

Not gonna lie, I was about to lose my shit thinking to myself, not this fucking bullshit again on a different car.

Fingers crossed this is the first and only time.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not gonna lie, I was about to lose my shit thinking to myself, not this fucking bullshit again on a different car.

Fingers crossed this is the first and only time.
This is one of the drawbacks of using an aftermarket intake. In a lot of cases where I have seen members with fuel trims that are off or thrown codes, they usually had an aftermarket intake

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Does anyone know if the mMishimoto intake causes the fuel trims to be off on the stock tune?

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is one of the drawbacks of using an aftermarket intake. In a lot of cases where I have seen members with fuel trims that are off or thrown codes, they usually had an aftermarket intake

In my case it was just a loose clamp, I had a similar intake on the 2016 EX-T that never had issues (the intake, the car had issues, lol). TBH if it wasn't for the prominent rattling that I heard from the loose clamp I probably wouldn't have figured it out right away. In any case, PTSD kicked in from my previous experience when the car went into limp mode.

*fetal position*

RonSwanson's

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess all I can do is keep changing the oil every 5000 miles and monitor the situation. I was hoping for a car that lasts over 200K miles and I have fully paid my 2018 Si off. I have smelled gas a couple of times when first starting up in the extreme cold but, I do not smell any gas in the oil itself. Does that mean I am getting no real oil dilution, because I have no smell of gas in the oil?
If it helps peace of mind i use Blackstone labs too, I've sent them two samples so far since brand new one at 3k miles and one at 9k. Both have minimal gas in the oil. Its about $20 per test and you can pre pay online. Now I can use the full interval mileage. I figure soon ii'll do tests every other oil change.

vieux georges

First Name
georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017civic si coupe
Country flag
I installed the Mishimoto air intake from the beguinning, with stock engine.
Later, I had the Hondata +6. Then, I installed a charge pipe, a down pipe and the Hondata +9
with a dyno tune.
I' ve never had a problem.

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
i had an oil analysis done from blackstone as well. it said i had 1% fuel dilution with 3500 miles on the oil. i normally change it at 5k but i was impatient and sent in my sample with 3500. the analaysis said that the fuel dilution was within normal range.

but from what i have read on bob is the oil guy, blackstones analyses arent the most accurate compared to other places that do oil analyses for fuel dilution measurements. something to do with the way they analyze their sample vs other places.
Sponsored