mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I think all manufacturers are doing the skimming now.
Before the Civic, I was going to buy a MB C Coupe. I found that many new MB models do not come with lock release at the trunk. So, you can open the trunk only by the fob or the release in the driver side panel!
Sponsored

rraayy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
What type of windshield fluid is recommended? Pretty sure my dealer left it empty or it’s been frozen by this ridiculous winter so far

skullmurdoc

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic SI sedan 2017 , Civic SI sedan 2013
Country flag
Any standard windshield washer fluid made for cold weather will do !

lyndean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Possibly it might have something to do with your location. :D I just got back yesterday from a 600mi road trip. With the gross, slushy, salty, dirty highways we've got up here as of late, I managed to go through a gallon of washer fluid in less than 300 miles. :eek:

But, knowing you were using that much washer fluid, would a low fluid indicator really have done you much good? I'm sure you didn't need it to tell you that you had used most of your fluid.

shadowspar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Hatch LX CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
But, knowing you were using that much washer fluid, would a low fluid indicator really have done you much good? I'm sure you didn't need it to tell you that you had used most of your fluid.
In this case, the warning was actually quite helpful. I knew I was using a fair deal of it, but I didn't figure I'd managed to get through anywhere close to a gallon.

When I stopped in Sudbury, I bought two. :D

shadowspar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Hatch LX CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What type of windshield fluid is recommended? Pretty sure my dealer left it empty or it’s been frozen by this ridiculous winter so far
IMHO take the coldest expected weather for your area, then drop the temperature by another 20F/10C and look for washer fluid with that rating or lower. Use that stuff year round. When winter hits, you don't want to be surprised to find (now frozen) summer fluid in the system. I swear someone around here gets caught out every year.

Some people seem to like the stuff with ice melter added to it, but I've heard that it tends to leave an oily residue on things, so I stay away.

10gCiViC

British Columbia Guru
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si / 1972 Gran Torino 351CJ-4V
If you want it you'll need to move to Canada. They also get a larger washer fluid reservoir than we do down here in the states. The downside is you live in Canada, and you need a larger reservoir and a warning light about washer fluid because of the brutal winters. :)
Oh living in Canada is a bad thing ? We don't have Trump. Enough said.

motoguy128

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
This surprised me since I think my '08 CRV had this and so did a '03 Toyota Corolla. It's not a huge deal, though it doesn't have a very large reservoir either. the nozzles fortunately are fairly efficient. Our Audi and BMW used fluid like they burned through oil. Our Q5 had the worst nozzles of any car I owned. I think it was a 2 degree range from hitting the wipers to shooting over the roof... ike the window to bringing a Apollo space capsule into near earth orbit. Only our '08 CRV was nearly as bad.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
IMHO take the coldest expected weather for your area, then drop the temperature by another 20F/10C and look for washer fluid with that rating or lower. Use that stuff year round. When winter hits, you don't want to be surprised to find (now frozen) summer fluid in the system. I swear someone around here gets caught out every year.
Agreed. I actaully do not understand why they sell summer only windshield washer in eastern Canada. I was the stupid one who bought one. It has been in my garage for 5 years. I would use it in the start of the summer but I forget every year,

I think this low windshield washer alert is essential. Imagine driving on the highway and find out you have no windshield washer!

I actaully thought that all new cars come with this feature.

Last edited:

GreyMatter718

THE X GEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-t Coupe Crystal Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah i hear ya on this one, i just keep some extra in my trunk. problem solved.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
This gets me thinking.
Is there an alert if engine oil is low?

finalnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do find it very annoying that Canada got the bigger reservoir and low fluid warning but the US didn't even though half of the US gets significant snow/ice.

Ixnmundo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
My Civic does have a washer fluid level warning. The new Civic is a global platform but the features that your Civic has depends on the territory. I live in Iceland and I have a Euro-spec Civic Sport. Euro-spec Civic Sports are more expensive and have LED headlights and with those you get headlight washers. Every time I want my screen slightly rinsed it squirts fluid over my headlights too, the fluid has antifreeze in it so God knows what this is doing to the paint! They skipped a lot of features in US-spec Civics to get the price down for you guys (my car cost $35k, yay Iceland)

raptureboi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-THS
Country flag
If you want it you'll need to move to Canada. They also get a larger washer fluid reservoir than we do down here in the states. The downside is you live in Canada, and you need a larger reservoir and a warning light about washer fluid because of the brutal winters. :)
But free healthcare....
Sponsored