Lovic87

First Name
Lovic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Sport CVT '18 GTI SE 6MT
Country flag
The Accord EX-L at least up to '12 don't have it either. Pretty sure the 13+ also don't. It's windshield washer fluid, not something critical to the health and performance of your vehicle.

I just keep a bottle in the garage and top off when I check my oil or anything along those lines.
Sponsored

OP
OP
darkness975

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
I can honestly say, in my almost 30 years of driving, I've never needed a low fluid indicator to tell me my washer fluid was low. I really can't remember the last time I had a car that even had that feature. It's really not that hard to check your fluid levels once in a while, especially if you live in an area where you weather conditions would make having fluid a necessity.
The Accord EX-L at least up to '12 don't have it either. Pretty sure the 13+ also don't. It's windshield washer fluid, not something critical to the health and performance of your vehicle.

I just keep a bottle in the garage and top off when I check my oil or anything along those lines.
Obviously it is not a critical thing, just a nice (and seemingly basic) addition that they seem to have left out.

veritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX-L
Country flag
lol different makes and models have different features, despite how "basic" you think the feature is. I'm not sure why this is surprising to people.

Anyone who isn't a multimillionaire is never going to be 100% satisfied with a car that they didn't fully customize themselves, working closely with the manufacturer to get super specific features.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
There are a few things that are strangely omitted from the car that I feel would be nice and would have only added a few hundred dollars to the cost of the car. Low washer fluid light, for sure. A volume KNOB would have been nice. I can live without vanity lights in the visors but an auto-dimming mirror - especially in the coupe - would have been splendid. That came standard on my Pilot and even though it's an SUV it's nice to have. Oh yeah, and why doesn't the windshield have the dark blue strip on the top again?!

skullmurdoc

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic SI sedan 2017 , Civic SI sedan 2013
Country flag
Hmm I thought it was standard on pretty much every car. I think it might be more in Canada!

senorg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2005 BMW 330cic
Vehicle Showcase
I would agree this would nice to have, however, on the 2 cars that I owned that had this feature it never worked that great. On the first car it would start going off after you used the washer fluid a couple of times, so it was like the boy who cried wolf. On the other car, it would only kick in when the tank was basically bone dry, which really is no warning.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Does Civic sold in Canada have this feature? Which trims?

shadowspar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Hatch LX CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can honestly say, in my almost 30 years of driving, I've never needed a low fluid indicator to tell me my washer fluid was low. I really can't remember the last time I had a car that even had that feature. It's really not that hard to check your fluid levels once in a while, especially if you live in an area where you weather conditions would make having fluid a necessity.
Possibly it might have something to do with your location. :D I just got back yesterday from a 600mi road trip. With the gross, slushy, salty, dirty highways we've got up here as of late, I managed to go through a gallon of washer fluid in less than 300 miles. :eek:

Lovic87

First Name
Lovic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Sport CVT '18 GTI SE 6MT
Country flag
Before my Acura, I had a newer Saab 93 with headlamp washers. It was a great feature to have this time of year, but I could go through a gallon of washer fluid in less than a month easily.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Before my Acura, I had a newer Saab 93 with headlamp washers. It was a great feature to have this time of year, but I could go through a gallon of washer fluid in less than a month easily.
With my previous car (Mercedes CLK350), I had headlight washers as well. The dealership replaced it 3 times under warranty and each time, they would work for a few months and stopped. I gave up because this was one feature that I hardly used.

skullmurdoc

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic SI sedan 2017 , Civic SI sedan 2013
Country flag
With my previous car (Mercedes CLK350), I had headlight washers as well. The dealership replaced it 3 times under warranty and each time, they would work for a few months and stopped. I gave up because this was one feature that I hardly used.
I had headlight washer on a Toyota Cressida 1989. Ha ha ha

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda has always skimped on shit like this. My 85 hatch had a lever inside to open it. My 99 hatch doesn't. Have to go out and open it with a key. Pita.
Sponsored