First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
People will street race whether you stop or not. I have not really run into anyone since i got my car that has challenged me to a race. Whether that happens or not depending how many cars are around me I may or may not race.
Sorry you had to see what you saw. Even driving normal accidents happen and will always happen. I have 2 kids and I always worry about my wife and them when they are on their way home.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Good for you! Got arrested years ago waiting to race an old pickup truck that had a Dodge Viper engine in it. I owned an old Subaru Outback Sport that was turbocharged and had nitrous on it. It was at an abandoned airport in New Jersey but still (long story). Kept it at the tracks ever since. It was hella fun and addictive though.

And I’m talking about some 17-18 years ago. Showing my age now. :p
Wait how do you get arrested for not doing anything

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I guess no-one better report it then because technically they were watching it too. :doh:
Ha ha yeah, it's a pretty stupid law, but I think they would have to prove you were a spectator. They have been using drones to record these races, and from some of the footage I have seen which is very, very clear, it is not hard to identify a person if they are a spectator

Reactions: Myx

Yal

New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
They’ve been working that law in San Jose for years. About 12 years ago the son of a co-worker got arrested for watching and worked a deal to go into the Navy instead of jail. We have the occasional death here and it’s usually an innocent on their way to school or home from work...

OzCop

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe, 2020 SLT GMC Terrain, F450 MH
Country flag
Street racing is never going to die , its bin going since before many of us on this forum were born ,stricter laws just makes street racers think more before getting there cars confiscated in many states
I'm 76, born in 1943...Street racing was a thing long before I was born...Take up Autocrossing and find a club in your area...you learn vehicle dynamics and car control, and much more fun than drag racing. Honda Civics fare very well in their respective autocross classing in SCCA. Most clubs not affiliated with SCCA use SCCA classing and a variation of rules and compliance. You learn to respect the highway when you learn exactly how your car responds dynamically with certain inputs...indeed, it makes you a better driver.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
I work with a guy who drives a Cadillac of some variety and it's not uncommon for when we leave at the same time we both give it some grief on the way home down the highway that splits the middle of downtown Dayton... I had to back off substantially this most recent time due to too many people around as we got closer to downtown. Too many distracted drivers and too many people not using their mirrors makes me pretty nervous nowadays.

It sucks to be reminded the way you were @JDMpo0kie but sometimes that's the reminder we need.
Wow. You’re racing, and they’re the distracted drivers who don’t look in their mirrors makes YOU nervous? You, the racer, knows that they aren’t looking at their mirrors? When you’re blasting at high speeds from behind them, the legal car in front freezes and doesn’t know what to do, or gets confused on which lane to go because of the racer’s swerving or fast change of direction.

Before you reply explaining how you’re an elegant racer who doesn’t swerve and doesn’t confuse the legal drivers you’re fast approaching - I think you have some mirror looking to do.

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I never found street racing to be all that fun. Following behind or ahead on a 2 lane curvy road, that’s fun. I don’t worry about others people as never been that crazy, I worry about the ticket and going to jail. Racing charge is right up there with dui as far as insurance points.

Edit: this just reminded me of a time just recently turning onto my favorite curvy back road. A teenage looking male turned on in front of me in a midsize suv and I thought for sure I’d have to pass. He hauled ass and handled that thing quite impressively. I easily kept up and then I saw him push harder and saw his right side come a hair from leaving the roadway...I immediately backed off and luckily he slowed down. Too much adrenaline gets going and things can turn badly in a fraction of a second.

Last edited:

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
They’ve been working that law in San Jose for years. About 12 years ago the son of a co-worker got arrested for watching and worked a deal to go into the Navy instead of jail. We have the occasional death here and it’s usually an innocent on their way to school or home from work...
They were going to send him to jail for being a spectator? Why any one would choose to live in California is beyond me. Their laws are ass backwards.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
I avoid it not because Im afraid of the police, judge or jail.
Im afraid of what my wife will say or do.
That is what really keeps me at bay.
Sponsored